Shimano Question

Started by J.W., February 03, 2024, 10:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.W.

And probably a dumb one, but I can't find the answer. What does the "K" mean on Shimano baitcaster model names?

Like "Curado K?"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: J.W. on February 03, 2024, 10:04:00 AMAnd probably a dumb one, but I can't find the answer. What does the "K" mean on Shimano baitcaster model names?

Like "Curado K?"
I think it denotes the latest model. Just like the Curado I. Which is a predecessor of the K.

J.W.

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on February 03, 2024, 10:59:37 AM
Quote from: J.W. on February 03, 2024, 10:04:00 AMAnd probably a dumb one, but I can't find the answer. What does the "K" mean on Shimano baitcaster model names?

Like "Curado K?"
I think it denotes the latest model. Just like the Curado I. Which is a predecessor of the K.

Ok. Thanks Lou. I need to add a few more reels and was looking at the Shimano lineup and couldn't figure out what it meant.

Ended up getting a Curado 150 MGL this afternoon.

Hobious

Quote from: J.W. on February 03, 2024, 01:22:19 PMEnded up getting a Curado 150 MGL this afternoon.

that is a GREAT REEL.  GREAT.  I used mine to catch maybe 70 big Amazon River Bass, and to say I abused it is an understatement.  I had the drag on full tight.  I mean I leaned into that star nut hard..and the fish would still pull line.  It was quite literally taking a pocket knife to a big knife fight.  the reel was sent in after that trip and all it needed was a clean and lube. my drag was still fine, and the reel is super smooth again. 

Hobious

I won't do it again tho.  next time, I am bringing the Shimano Trans 200's. 

J.W.

Quote from: Hobious on February 04, 2024, 09:57:11 AM
Quote from: J.W. on February 03, 2024, 01:22:19 PMEnded up getting a Curado 150 MGL this afternoon.

that is a GREAT REEL.  GREAT.  I used mine to catch maybe 70 big Amazon River Bass, and to say I abused it is an understatement.  I had the drag on full tight.  I mean I leaned into that star nut hard..and the fish would still pull line.  It was quite literally taking a pocket knife to a big knife fight.  the reel was sent in after that trip and all it needed was a clean and lube. my drag was still fine, and the reel is super smooth again. 

Hey thanks, good to know. Was gonna try to get out today and try it out, but weather is not cooperating. I just got over some kind of bug, probably don't need to be out in the cold rain today.