FL Bass Talk (Fall 2023)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, October 05, 2023, 03:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Maybe a new thread with a change of season will get you guys fishing again!!  ;)  :)  ~beer~

Looking forward to the discussions!  :-*

Capt. BassinLou

Tomorrow is special outing for me. My daughter asked if she could come along fishing. I had planned to fish the lake, but upon hearing this special request, the lake can wait!!  lo

My daughter and I haven't fished together for a while. She has been wanting to come along with me for quite some time but the summer was brutal!!  ~sun  ~sweat. I didn't want to put her through that. The weather although still warm, is bearable now.

I will keep you guys posted!  ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

I have spent the day brain storming the rod's and baits I was going to set up for my daughter.
To give you guys some background. My daughter, believe it or not is 15 years old. ( :'(  :'(  they grow up so fast!)

For intents and purposes, my daughter is novice when it comes to fishing. However, she's an excellent student of the sport, and learns very quickly.  She knows her way around a spinning gear, so I'm bringing a few rods, for different techniques.

I have the location picked out, (you will need to wait for tomorrow's report,  ;) ) which I think is perfect for someone with her skill set.

I'm bringing along a 4 power spinning rod for power fishing, and 2, 3 power rods. One for bottom fishing, and the other for miscellaneous. Which for me means, if I see something tomorrow I will have the ability to quickly set her up to take advantage of the action.

I have the bass pretty dialed in, but you know how these green fish can be sometimes.

The Dad in me is excited to fish with my daughter, but the guide in me is as equally as excited, because of the challenge. Taking a novice, teaching them how to fish, and the challenge to put them on fish, is exciting for me.

Let's see how it goes!!

Smallie_Stalker

15 already! Wow that was fast.

It's gonna be a memory making outing for you no matter what. Looking forward to some pics and a report.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 05, 2023, 04:46:00 PM15 already! Wow that was fast.

It's gonna be a memory making outing for you no matter what. Looking forward to some pics and a report.

Thanks Jim. For sure!

J.W.

Y'all have fun! I hope she wears 'em out.

Larry Francis

Make sure you say Thank You to her and tell her how much it means her going fishing with you.

Took my girls fishing at that age and they both caught a fish in 20 minutes and were pretty much done with fishing and just wanted to go home. they have not been back since. Be very thankful my friend.
Molon Labe

Capt. BassinLou

J.W.

Canesfan

Enjoy them while you can. My "baby" daughter turns 50 next year. Yikes!

Donald Garner

Lou tks for sharing this with us.  Glad y'all had some decent weather which made for a great trip.  Yep be sure to enjoy this with her.  Both my kids fish with me when they're in town.  They do grow up real quick my daughter is 47 and son is 40  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

FlatsNBay

Kinda bummed, it's been over a month since I've been out in the boat due to medical and other reasons so I was pumped for today. I ended up postponing due to weather. The forecast was over 30 mph winds with rain and a tornado watch. The BASS Open on the Harris Chain was postponed so it looks like the right call. I'm going to make lemonade out of lemons and hit up a few local bank fishing spots before the storms. It's spinnerbait time! I'll check in later.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on October 12, 2023, 06:53:29 AMKinda bummed, it's been over a month since I've been out in the boat due to medical and other reasons so I was pumped for today. I ended up postponing due to weather. The forecast was over 30 mph winds with rain and a tornado watch. The BASS Open on the Harris Chain was postponed so it looks like the right call. I'm going to make lemonade out of lemons and hit up a few local bank fishing spots before the storms. It's spinnerbait time! I'll check in later.
Bummer! But last time this happened you smoked them bank fishing!

Capt. BassinLou

Nice cooler weather for a change. Now, if we can get our water levels down, the fishing will heat up!! ;)

Larry Francis

I have been doing the family thing for a couple weeks and looking forward to getting back on the water. Headed out yesterday to the WH chain and even with strong winds 25 -30 mph sustained I could not buy a bite. There was an absence of suspended fish deep and I could not get a bite shallow. Even went pitching and Punching and did manage 1 - 12 inch catfish. 75 water temps ought to have them going nuts I would think but not so.
Molon Labe

FlatsNBay

Larry, how's the fishing been over there?

Capt. BassinLou

My daughter received her high school ring today. Can't believe she's a junior!!

Smallie_Stalker

Congrats to her! ~c~

Watch out Lou, before you know it it will be an engagement ring.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 27, 2023, 04:01:12 PMCongrats to her! ~c~

Lol!! Slow down, Jim. I can only handle so many milestones at a time.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on October 27, 2023, 04:07:07 PM
Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on October 27, 2023, 04:01:12 PMCongrats to her! ~c~

Lol!! Slow down, Jim. I can only handle so many milestones at a time.

Capt. BassinLou

Sure is windy out there! How's the fishing for everyone??

FlatsNBay

Had a fun day exploring a couple new ponds. I wanted to check out a few new lipless crankbaits and square bills. I wish that I had brought some other rods and techniques because the eel grass was everywhere and made it tough for bank fishing. I was wrong at assuming that the ponds would have no grass because they were newish. Caught 10 mostly on a lipless with a few on a weedless shaky head since I had my spinning rod with me. Fun place and I will be back and better prepared with some weedless baits.

FlatsNBay

Booyah Mobster Swim Jig is on the menu tomorrow. Stay tuned...