Pictures of Belton Lake (North End Leon River Area) 7 Oct 23

Started by Donald Garner, October 07, 2023, 03:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone,

Carl Johnson my fishing partner and UB member send me these pictures of Belton Lake.  These couple pictures are taken from the TX Hwy 36 Bridge that crosses the Leon River at the North end of Belton Lake.

The lake is at 18.58ft below Summer Pool as of 7 Oct 23. There have been some fisherman out on the water fishing. Most that I've seen have been in Jon Boats or flat bottom skiffs boats. I haven't seen to many guys out with Bass Boats running the lake.  The ones I've seen were all down by the Dam Area and lower end of the Cow House Creek Area by Temple Lake Park.

Belton Lake looking North up the Leon River with comments:
The area below the tip of the BLUE ARROW is were the water line is normally at.  The tip of the RED ARROW is were the Leon River Channel is presently located at.  The area between the arrow is now a very shallow mud flat with vegetation growing on it.

Belton Lake looking South on the Leon River. When they build the new bridge the decide to dump the old  pieces off in the river.  When the water is up where it's suppose to be the fish are all around these old piles of concrete.  The area just of the left of the pilings is now a mud flat.  The distance from the bank to the edge of the piling is about a 100yards there about.

There are only a few boat ramps that are open still.  Most are closed due to the low water.  It is extremely dangerous being out on the lake right now.  I would have to say the safest place to be on the lake is down by the dam.  The river channel is very shallow now and there are numerous objects above and just below the water's surface.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard