From UltimateBass Home Front (Belton, Texas) Dec 2023

Started by Donald Garner, December 01, 2023, 09:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good morning to all   8)

We have mostly sunny skies across Central Texas today  ~sun  ~sun     Our forecasted temps for today are 54-68dgrs with 65%humidity with a SE wind @ 10mphs.  We have some rain moving into the area starting tomorrow and lasting up into the weekend  ~rain

Looks like I'll be able to get the boat covers on the Stratos and G3 later on this afternoon  ~shade

It was a EARLY START to the day this morning.  I had to get up before the chickens did  :surrender:   The wife had a medical appointment at 7:15am at the clinic at Scott & White Hospital over in Temple.  Her appointment didn't last but 30minutes so afterwards we stopped in Cracker Barrel on the way home for breakfast. Those scrambled eggs with cheese, hash browns, country fried steak with gravy hit the spot.  Of course I had to have a couple pancakes with orange juice and black coffee to finish the meal off with  :food   ;PEP)

After breakfast we made a pit stop at Walmart to pickup a few items.  Other than getting the boat covers on both boats this afternoon there is nothing else planned.  I hope everyone has a pleasant day and relaxing evening once they get home later.     
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Bright sunny day but a bit cool.  High temps today just making 50 with lows this morning at 30. More of the same tonight and tomorrow but warming this weekend into the upper 60s but once again a rainy weekend seems to be in store with some showers on Christmas beginning late afternoon.

Errands today were a couple items from the grocery store.  Seems like some of the things we like are only available at certain stores so we always have to make a couple side trips to round out the pantry.

Had my bowling ball thumb hole adjusted yesterday and picked it up from the pro shop today.  Will try to give it a whirl on Friday if my sore thumb heals a bit more.  Hopefully after this adjustment I won't have this problem in the future.

I am totally bummed out by how busy the charity food pantries are in our area.  A great many of the churches have food programs and they all are very busy.  The demand is very high from people that just need some food for the table.  One of the distribution points is near where I go bowling.  They are so busy that they actually have to have people directing traffic.  Makes me feel how blessed the wife and I are to be able to support ourselves.  We have volunteered at various food pantries in the past but haven't done so in a couple of years.  It is a little tougher at our age but I still feel a need to help when I can.  Local grocery stores are very supportive of these programs and do a good job providing a wide variety of food products and other essentials.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all   ~shade

It started raining early this morning and will continue till Sunday  ~rain     Our forecasted temps for across Central Texas today is 57-62dgrs with 81%humidity with a SE wind @ 8mphs.   With the weather being nice yesterday I got the covers put on both the G3 and Stratos just in time

Hopefully these covers will last through the Winter up into the Summer months.  The heat and severe thunderstorms we have here really can trash these covers pretty quick.

Had a couple errands to tend to this morning.  There is nothing planned for the rest of the day except tinkering around on the computer and just plan ole relaxing  ;)   This rain we have is one of those light drizzling types good for the yard and gardens etc. I won't be going outside the rest of the day.

Bud; Glad to hear your thumb is healing up.  So how's those new bowling shoes working out for ya?  We have numerous churches and food banks in our surrounding communities also.  There is a never ending need to feed the residence of the communities.  I too feel bless that my wife and I'm able to support ourselves.  I don't volunteer to work at these food distribution areas due to my medical issues.   We do donate money through our church to support these business etc.

To everyone I hope your day today is a pleasant one.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Bud Kennedy

Woke up this morning to a cold house.  The electric went off around 6AM and did not come back on until just before 11.  I like my morning coffee but could not have any this morning.  Almost jumped in the truck for a run to Dunkin for a couple cups but just decided to wait it out.  All is back to normal now in the electrical department.  Temps outside this morning were 28 but now have reached 58.  Supposed to be warming up through the weekend but a little rain is expected

Donald, have not tried the shoes just yet.  The heel on the sliding shoe was not to my likeing so I ordered a better heel slider.  Should arrive toorrow.  Until them I will use my old shoes.  I am so glad I bought new shoes that have the option of changing the sold slider and the heel slider.  I did hae some modifications done to the thumb hole on the ball and that should help the sore thumb deal in the future.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Cloudy with light rain showers across Central Texas this morning  ~rain   Our forecasted temps for today are 58-69dgrs with 92%humidity with a SW wind @ 6mphs.  Rain is continuing to move across the area for the rest of the weekend ahead      :-*  Bright sunny skies are arriving on Monday  ~sun

I made a quick trip to Walmart first thing I had a craving for a chocolate  cover cream filled long john donuts  lo   I picked up a couple of those and had a cup of coffee for my breakfast this morning  :food  ;)

Today is laundry day  ~shade  There is nothing else planned for today as of right now.  I'll tinker around on the computer and later on make my way over to the recliner  8)

Bud; That sux about waking up to a cold house.  Glad to hear that the issue didn't last to long.  When  you got your new ball and had the holes drilled didn't they smooth out the hole.  That was a nasty looking blister there for sure.  Hope it heals quickly for ya.  Good luck with getting your new shoes set up the way you need them also.

To everyone y'all have a pleasant day and evening ahead.  Be safe in your travels if you're out and about.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Cloudy with light rain showers and scattered fog is what we're dealing with across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps are 61-68dgrs with 88% humidity with a SE wind @ 9mphs  ~rain

It's a slack day here on the home front.  We're off to the movies here shortly.  It will be a relaxing day watching college football once I get back home.

Y'all have a pleasant and relaxing day yourselves.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning from Belton, Texas  8)

Woke up this morning to the sound of Loud Thunder and Lighting with heavy rains  :o  ~rain    Its been raining hard here for about 3 hours now.  Our forecasted temps for today are 41-71dgrs with 95% humidity with a S wind @ 8mphs.  Its forecasted to rain all day today.  The week ahead is looking bright and sunny  ~sun  :)

I'm off to church here shortly and back home for lunch.   The rest of the day will be spent relaxing and watching tv from the recliner  ;)

To everyone I hope y'all have a Merry Christmas and a relaxing Holiday week head.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all  8)   

Merry Christmas I hope everyone has a very pleasant day with the family and friends.

We're looking at Blue Bird Skies with lots of sun across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 34-54dgrs with 44%humidity with a NE wind @ 13 mphs.  The week a head is looking bright and sunny  ~shade

There is nothing planned for today except to enjoy the Christmas Dinner my wife is preparing.  We'll spent a quiet day together.  Our son and his children will be together up in Anchorage, Alaska. Our daughter will spend the day with her friends in Stuttgart, Germany where she lives and works.

I had a little scare yesterday afternoon while resting in the recliner.  I wound up in the Emergency Room with a Chest Pain > Likely Musculoskeletal Atrial Fibrillation.  I was released after a couple EKG's and some blood work test.  I have contacted my Primary Care Physician now for follow ups on why this occurred. I'm feeling pretty good > normal for me right now.  Anyway I'm home and vertical and breathing  ~c~  ~shade

To everyone hope your Holiday is a pleasant and enjoyable one with your family and friends.   Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about. 

Donald Garner

Good evening to all  8)

We had Blue Bird Skies across Central Texas all day today  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for our area were 36-58dgrs with 49%humidity with a S wind @ 11mphs.  It was a beautiful day today a little on the chilly side but really nice   ;)

It was a busy day today.  I had a VA Medical Lab appointment with Team Vampire this morning.  They drew a couple tubes of blood for the AG Clinic.  I had some follow up emails with my Primary Care Doctor and other Clinic Departments after my ER visit over the weekend.  More tests are being scheduled in the future.  I'm still vertical and breathing   ~c~ 

The wife and I stopped in Cracker Barrel for breakfast after the hospital visit  :food  ;PEP)   We drove over to Ft. Cavazos to check out the post Christmas Sales at the Post Exchange Store.  We didn't see anything we couldn't live without  ~shade

Got home and found out the Internet Service was Non-Operational  :surrender:   Some contractor somewhere in the neighborhood cut the cable  ~b~   I got a call from the Service Provider a couple hours later letting me know the service was back up  ~c~

It's going to be a quiet evening here I hope everyone had a pleasant day today.  Y'all be safe and enjoy the Holidays Vacation with your family and friends.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  :)

Beautiful start to the day with Blue Bird Skies covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun    Our forecasted temps for across the area are 35-58dgrs with 52%humidity with a NE wind @ 8mphs.  The week ahead is looking bright and sunny 

Busy morning here I had to take the cat to the VET to get it's meat hooks trimmed.  Those claws were long and sharp  :surrender:   Made a stop by the post office and picked up the mail and made it back home.  The cat was happy to get out of his carry bag needless to say  lo

There is nothing planned for the rest of the day except tinkering around on the computer and checking out the college football games. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays stills.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Bud Kennedy

Busy day today just running errands.  Started the day at the barber shop for a much needed haircut.  Second stop was at Dunkin for a cup of coffee and the Mrs. had a coffee roll.  Third stop was Walmart for some pharmacy related things.  Fourth stop to gas up the Expedition and then on to Chic Fil A for lunch.  We are finally home with nothing else planned that requires us to go anywhere.  Wife has the laundry going and I now am sitting at the computer drinking some Dunkin and just chillin so to speak.

Temp today reached 70 for a brief moment with some very light showers this morning and now it is mostly cloudy with a few peaks of the sun.  Current temp now at 68 but is forecasted to start dropping back to the a more normal upper 50s for highs and lower 40s to perhaps upper 30s later on this week. 

Looking forward to bowling on Friday for some practice.  League play will continue the following Friday after the New Year.  Since we did not do much Christmas decorating there is not a lot of stuff to put away but we really did miss not having a tree and all that kind of stuff.  We are already saying that next year we are gonna do it up right if we are able.

Hope everyone wraps up 2023 in a positive manner and begins 2024 wide eyed and bushy tailed.

caddyjoe77

been taking some time off work.  Took the Puma out, and enjoying reconnecting with outside.  Fished Guntersville and Lake Martin the last couple days and it has been a great mind refresher.  Hopefully I can get back out there, depending on weather, before having to get back to the work grind. 

One thing to note regarding the work grind -- I will and am going to focus on my time and not so much their time.  I will still do my work but it wont be 45 - 50 hour work weeks any more. 
BeerMe

Bud Kennedy

Good for you Joe.  Glad to hear you are trying to cut back just a little bit.  It took me a while to learn how to guard my "free" time.  Too many hotel rooms, plane rides, and junk food meals will really take their toll.  Everyone deserves their well guarded me time.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Another beautiful bright sunny day across Central Texas today   ~sun   Our forecasted temps are 33-54dgrs with 59%humidity with an W wind @ 8mphs   ;)

Somewhat busy morning here I had some errands to tend to.  I had to haul off some old planter boxes and pots the wife cleaned out of the shed yesterday.  She had a huge bag of potting soil to get rid of also.   Made a stop by the post office and picked up the mail.  Was going to top off the Silverado but the gas station tanker was there filling up the tanks.  I'll stop by later on this afternoon to get the truck filled up.

I have an appointment at the Cardiology Clinic this afternoon.  This is a follow up from my ER visit over the weekend.  They told me that I have an irregular heart beat now.  So I got to get this issue taken care of now.  Other than this there is nothing planned for the rest of the day. 

Bud; Tks for stopping by and sharing the day with us.  I hope you're able to enjoy the bowling outing and that your thumb has healed up enough.  Hope those new shoes work out for ya also.

Joe; buddy the best of luck for ya on the "Time Management" I think also that we don't get to spend enough time relaxing as we should.  Tight lines for ya on your next outing also.  Make sure you take some pictures of those fish and that New Basscat you got there  ~shade

To everyone hope your day is a pleasant and relaxing one. 

caddyjoe77

Thanks Donald.  Definitely getting back out there when it gets 50+.  40's and wind is tough  ~roflmao
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone  8)

Its a little on the chilly side across Central Texas this morning as we have Blue Bird Skies with lots of sun    ~sun     Our forecasted temps for across the area here are 32-59dgrs with 67%humidity with NW wind @ 9mphs  ~shade

We're doing a little house cleaning today.  We're moving our daughters stuff (she left here when she moved to Germany) from the exercise / sewing room out to the shed.  Other than getting this done there is nothing else planned for today.

I made my medical appointment yesterday with the cardiology clinic at the VA Hospital.  They fitted me with a Zio XT Patch monitor to wear for 14 days.  I have a log book I'm suppose to fill out when I have chest pains etc.  At the end of the 14 days I take the patch monitor off and mail it back to this research lab.  They review the data and notify the cardiology department of the findings.  We'll go on from the there to figure out whets next  ~read   

The only issue I have wearing it is the area it's attached got prep'd.  They shaved the surface and used a sand paper material to roughed up skin so the monitor would stick.  That area is now very itchy  :surrender:

Joe; I hear ya, I've turned into a Fair Weather Fisherman now  ;)   Fighting those strong winds and being out in the cold & wet those days are over with  ~shade   I'm looking forward to getting back out there in 2024 of course we still need lots of rain to fill the lakes backup.
Belton Lake is at 15.54ft low still a lot of the areas I fished are high and dry now.  Stillhouse Lake is at 17.71ft low still and needless to say the areas I fished there aren't there anymore.  Nolan Lake over on Ft. Cavazos (Ft. Hood) is pretty low and you can't launch from the bank there.

To everyone hope your Friday is a pleasant and relaxing one.  Be safe in your travels and be mindful of your surroundings.   

Donald Garner

Good morning to all  8)

Blue Bird Skies are covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 39-66dgrs with 59%humidity with a W wind @ 4mphs.   We have a chance of some rain moving into the area on Wednesday.  Other than that we're looking mostly sunny with low 30's for morning temps with mid 50's for afternoon highs next week   ~read  ~shade

There is nothing planned for today at all.  I'm just going to tinker around on the computer for a bit and park myself in the recliner and watch some college football today  :foot   ;)

I hope everyone has a really pleasant and safe weekend ahead.  Enjoy that family time together while you can.

bassmedic46

Good Afternoon Everyone, Crappy weather here all week. Tested positive for Covid and have been fighting that all weekend. Fortunately my wife hasn't caught it.

Donald, Good luck with the Cardiac Monitor. You are in our prayers.

Joe, Good luck with the time management. Life is too short. You need to enjoy it.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and they are unlike me will be fast asleep before the ball drops.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing