Awesome day today

Started by bassmaster3541, April 10, 2013, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassmaster3541

Got out again today for a short trip, forgot the scale  ~rant   but got on some beauties. It's been warm the past few days, with temps dipping a little bit today but still pretty darn good for April up North. Pitched jigs to shallow wood almost the whole day, and boy did it pay off. Pitched a black Buggs jig with a RI Sweet Beaver on a Dobyns DX 744 to laydowns in 2-4 FOW, got a (estimated) 4, 5, high 6 and lost an 8+ about 7 yards from the boat  ~xyz   . Got a few other small ones on this bite and also got on a few OK ones on the drop with a red eye shad.

The 744 is still fairly new to me but WOW is that an awesome rod, unbelievable sensitivity, caught all 3 of the nice ones on it as well as the one I lost.

Here is the 5 and 6, the picture didn't come out of the 4 for some reason  :-\

Pro Staff for Dobyns Rods, Elite Tungsten, and Buggs Jigs

Mike Cork

You are on a roll  ~c~ ~c~ Very Nice

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Siebert Outdoors

bassmaster3541

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 11, 2013, 10:23:48 AM
You are on a roll  ~c~ ~c~ Very Nice
I am doing a bracket style tournament with a bunch of buddies in my area this year... my first matchup is on Saturday at this place where I have been going all week... Should be fun! could get big bag for the whole year if the bite is on like it was yesterday, I would have had ~25 lbs for 5 fish if I hadn't lost the 8+, which is insane for up here... still had high teens without the 8

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

bassmaster3541

TOUGH day following the cold front but pulled out the win pretty easily, report to come