6/5/15 - Nutting Lake - Billerica, MA

Started by stealth2600, June 09, 2015, 07:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stealth2600

We pushed off from the boat load on the western side of the lake around 9:40am. It was a sunny day with temperatures around 65 degrees. We started off by heading to the most western part of the lake near the Shady Hill conservation land.

At about 9:50am I got my first and only action of the day when I casted into some thick lily pads in the south western corner of the lake. I was using a neon green and white plastic worm on a shank worm hook. There was a moderate amount of fight from this bass who tried his best to stay hidden in the weeds. When all was said and done, I ended up pulling out about 1.5lb small mouth bass.

For the next couple of hours things were pretty slow until my buddy pulled out two baby bass from the lily pads in the north western corner of the lake. The conditions on the northern side of the lake were much more windy and there was a stronger current that continued to pull our boat into the thick weeds. We hung out here for a awhile more but didn't have anymore luck. We decided to continue circling the shore of the lake until we approached the boat dock.

After almost 6 hours of fishing, we were feeling pretty defeated and decided to try our hand one last time at the thick weeds just in front of the boat launch. To my surprise, my friend ended up hooking a 2lb bass there. After that we pretty much called it a day!

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and you did catch a few Bass so the day wasn't bad at all. We all know it's not always about catching fish it's great to just be able to get out and relax and enjoy nature and good friends. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

Glad to see this board getting some action. Thanks for posting the report.  ~c~

When I was a kid my family owned some property on the Concord River in Billerica. I am pretty sure that was the first place my dad ever took me fishing.  :)

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

stealth2600

Your welcome, I noticed there haven't been any MA Fish Reports in a LONG time, so I figured I'd post up about my last few trips. The Concord River? That's a goal of mine for the future! I just got my 2001 BassTender 10.2 a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I don't have a trailer and I've only been able to take it on Nutting Lake because I live 200 yards from the boat ramp.

I simply strap the boat to a dolly and wheel it right down the street. Folks look at me funny, but I could careless, I get to fish in my boat! Once I get a trailer and a larger size trolling motor, the Concord River is the first place I'm going. Once I've mastered that, its onto the Merrimack River!