La Cygne 03/14

Started by bluebasser86, March 17, 2013, 05:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebasser86

Drew and I fished La Cygne today. Trolling motor problems were the story of the morning and we still caught a few fish. Once I got the motor going again we headed down lake and I caught a 4.39 pound fish pitching a jig into a laydown.

Followed up shortly after that with a 17" and 3.09 pounds on a one knocker.

Caught a few more small ones here and there on several different baits but the wind died down and the sun came out and it got tough. I jumped off a good fish at the outlet on a jig that was for sure in the 5 pound range if not larger. Saw some big fish chasing shad near the shore in the outlet so I tossed my 6" swimbait at them. I was reeling it slowly back to the boat and it just got pounded about 10' from the boat and it barely moved when I set the hook. I really thought I may have just stuck a DD bass. Well it was a DD fish, just not a bass. This big ugly thing shot out of the water 2 or 3 times and was a chore to land with no gloves and a net that I didn't want to trash. Just shy of 15 pounds.

Speaking of shy, can you guess who was hiding in the back of the boat when all hell broke loose in the front of the boat? She wasn't quite as scared of the gar once we were on shore with it though.