Water levels are up...

Started by Russ199A, January 08, 2007, 01:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ199A

Got a good word from my step Dad in Belleville KS, that most ponds and water sheds are back to being almost full. Lovewell is up almost a foot and very muddy.
All that snow in eastern Colorado will help also by feeding the rivers that supply our lakes.  ~c~
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

mgd0702

Thats good to hear for sure.  We are expecting some single digit temps with some pretty good shot at some snow this weekend.  Be nice to get some more moisture to go ahead and get everything back to pool.  I know back home in SEK most ponds are still in the 5 ft low range so any moisture we can get will be very much appreciated. 

ring fry

The pit I live on in SEK is still down about 3 1/2' :(
GO JAYHAWKS
2008 NCAA Basketball Champions

Russ199A

Looked at the offical pool info for up there and Lovewell is still 5.4 below pool, but is coming up a foot a month. The big freeze has slowed things just a bit.
Milford is still down 6 ft.

mgd0702

If I heard right they are still pulling water out of Milford.  I haven't checked in a while but the rivers are about as low as I've seen since I've been up here.   :shocking:

Ring fry you live down by the Pittsburg area?   

ring fry

yes sir, been down here a little over 5 years.  Love the pit fishing as well as Bone Creek and Big Hill.  The best thing is that it is only 6 hours to Fork from here. ;D
GO JAYHAWKS

Russ199A

I miss Kansas but I'm only 1 1/2 hrs from Fork and haven't even fished it yet. I hope to fish it later this year. I have several fishing trips planned for this year. Table Rock in April, DoD tourney in KY in May and UBCS in June...and I still plan on going back to Kansas for wheat harvest. Won't be pulling the boat up there I don't think, but my mother and I bought her husband a new boat for x-mas so there really isn't the need now. Later...Russ.

mgd0702

Went to school at Pitt State for a year and grew up in Thayer.  Hit Big Hill every chance I get when I get home, but I have never fished Bone Creek.  Is it really only 6 hours from Fork?  I figured it was quite a bit further than that.  Hmm might have to make that trip one of these days.  I'm guessing nobody has hit Big Hill yet this year.   lo  With duck and goose season now over, cant wait til the ice melts.   ~sun

Russ199A

I hear ya, can't wait for some warm weather.  ~sun

mgd0702

Now your  just rubbing it in.   :'( This morning it is -2, I'm guessing Louisiana is at what 72 today?   lo

Russ199A

No actually we are cold today as well. Woke up to a crisp 28* It's not -2 but that's still cold for Louisiana. I can't say to much I'm heading to Kansas this weekend to freeze...global warming... lo

mgd0702

You coming up for some ice fishing?   :roll2:

ring fry

Quote from: Russ178V on February 13, 2007, 11:37:29 AM
I miss Kansas but I'm only 1 1/2 hrs from Fork and haven't even fished it yet. I hope to fish it later this year..

I could miss Kansas real easy if I lived 1 1/2 hours from Fork.  If Oklahoma wasn't in the way, it would only be about an hour and a half :roll2:  It would make my 4 or 5 trips a year a lot easier!!
GO JAYHAWKS

Russ199A

I thought about going fishing while I was there this past weekend...that thought went away after about 2 seconds of 10* temps outside.  lo It warmed up Sunday but the ice there was around 12" thick so it will take awhile for it to melt. It will make the water levels go up though. The last time I looked most of the lakes have come up a little, so I hope by the time spring gets here they will be at full pool.  ;D
Quote from: mgd0702 on February 14, 2007, 07:23:26 AM
Now your  just rubbing it in.   :'( This morning it is -2, I'm guessing Louisiana is at what 72 today?   lo
Temps today are suppose to be around 82*  >:D :)

mgd0702

You should have gotten ahold of me last weekend.  Last weekend of goose season, had a pretty nice field lined up shot some canadas.  Now it's over and waiting on the snow geese to get up here.  Then turkey season and fishing season.  Looks like another busy spring.    :)   

Russ199A

That sounds good, but I've already got my hunting done for this season. got a bunch of turkeys and 3 deer. Freezer is full. Plus I don't have a duck stamp on my license.
The spawn has started here in NW La so my focus will be on that. Partner and I caught two today and the tourner is on Sunday. It's a very tough lake to catch bass. If a person can limit out, that's a great day. Beats freez'en any day.  :)