question for boat owners

Started by Russ199A, August 13, 2010, 10:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ199A

Is it just me or does Kansas have outragous taxes on boats? I had my boat registered in Kansas, I'm military stationed in Louisiana, and my personnal property taxes was $1400 a year on just my boat. I transfered boat registration to Louisiana and only have to pay registration every 3 years and it is like $75 every 3 years.
When I retire from the military in 6 years, I'll have to sell my boat before I move back home because I'm not going to pay those kinds of taxes. In ten years I'd pay off half the boats value just in taxes.
I mean its total Bull $H!t. Does it vary from county to county?
Anyone else feel this way? Nobody wants to own a nice boat due to taxes. Thanks.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

Lipripper

Quote from: Russ199A on August 13, 2010, 10:56:16 AM
Is it just me or does Kansas have outragous taxes on boats? I had my boat registered in Kansas, I'm military stationed in Louisiana, and my personnal property taxes was $1400 a year on just my boat. I transfered boat registration to Louisiana and only have to pay registration every 3 years and it is like $75 every 3 years.
When I retire from the military in 6 years, I'll have to sell my boat before I move back home because I'm not going to pay those kinds of taxes. In ten years I'd pay off half the boats value just in taxes.
I mean its total Bull $H!t. Does it vary from county to county?
Anyone else feel this way? Nobody wants to own a nice boat due to taxes. Thanks.
Dang that's outragous  :o Just think what it might be in 6 years  :'( :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet