Hey New Member Here

Started by FalconFanboy, February 05, 2023, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalconFanboy

Northern NJ is my home base but fish a lot in Berkshires, Mass, where I have family, and the Adirondacks, where we often travel to in summer and fall. PB is 6.5 lbs on a swim jig, one of my big confidence baits. Also love to throw free rig, Magdrafts, chatterbaits. Suck at pitching and flipping, that's my next focus. Getting better—slowly—on hollow-bodied frogs. Only been baistcasting for about 3 years after a lifetime spinning 😵‍💫 reel only. OMG wish I had started that a lot earlier! Tackle monkey has its teeth firmly in my backside lately, just got a JDM Zillion but lakes all frozen over. Glad to be aboard!

BassmanRudy

Hi! Welcome! You get to fish some of the prettiest waters in the world! I'm surprised your PB isn't a smallie to be honest being up there.

Baitcasters are more helpful in certain applications- frog/flip/punch but otherwise spinning rods can handle a lot.

Seeing Falcon in your name made me think of the bassboat but maybe falconry instead?!?!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

topdsm0138

Welcome to the show!

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

FalconFanboy

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here. ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

apenland01

bowhunter63

Chasin bass and huntin bucks,life is good

Smallie_Stalker

Hey there FalconFanboy. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pull up a chair and make yourself right at home.

I'm in MA and have fished the Berkshires many times over the years. Some of the most beautiful scenery in the U.S.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and learning from what you post.

In the meantime if you need anything don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other staff member and we will do our best to get you pointed in the right direction.

Again, Welcome aboard!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FalconFanboy

Great to hear from you all! Still learning the quote function so a few replies here. Falcon it refers to my preference for Falcon rods (sorry Gary!). Re my areas, yes, I am blessed to fish in some pretty waters. Berkshires are becoming my fav...a few real honey-hole lakes that get very little pressure and some small creek/river fishing that gets me into the smallies, but nothing big. I've had a few epic smallmouth days on Lake Champlain in terms of numbers but no pigs yet. A bit closer to home is the Delaware in NJ/Penn border; also phenomenal smallmouth fishery, so maybe my PB will indeed be a bronzeback some day!

big g

Welcome to the site, lots of members willing to help and share info.  I too grew up in north Jersey (North Arlington) and my first fishing experience was at a Boy Scout Camp (Camp Tamerac) and the Ramapo River.  Glad to have you here, and tight lines.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Mike Cork

Welcome to the site! Looking forward to some of your thoughts on the Magdraft :-*

Don't be shy and jump right in!!!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Pat Dilling

I knew I shoulda re-tied!!