What model does everyone have???

Started by cmegee, January 03, 2006, 09:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wil Holmes

Couple of my 95' Eyra with 04 mercury 150 my first Cat and won't be my last!

Updated pic! With Power-pole
Humminbird 859ci HD
Humminbird HELIX 5 DI GPS
1995 BassCat Eyra - 2004 Mercury XR6 150

Flyswatter

Will,  great looking Eyra.  Looks mint.  Thanks for finding your way here on Ultimate Bass.

Bigwrench

Welcome to Ultimate Bass Wil    Great looking boat you got there !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Wil Holmes

Thanks Guys I noticed a thread from bbc and figured I would join! Thanks she is like mint found a good boat going to be adding new carpet and getting rid of the floor decals sometime this winter and doing some up dating of the electronics. What setup are you running fly? I noticed you went from humminbird to lowrance what is your thoughts I'm thinking of doing the same myself like a Gen 1 HDS 8 and Gen 1 HDS 7 with LSS 1 setup.
Wil
Humminbird 859ci HD

Bigwrench

Quote from: Wil Holmes on December 19, 2012, 04:37:08 PM
Thanks Guys I noticed a thread from bbc and figured I would join! Thanks she is like mint found a good boat going to be adding new carpet and getting rid of the floor decals sometime this winter and doing some up dating of the electronics. What setup are you running fly? I noticed you went from humminbird to lowrance what is your thoughts I'm thinking of doing the same myself like a Gen 1 HDS 8 and Gen 1 HDS 7 with LSS 1 setup.
Wil

Wil,
  I know you asked Fly , so hope you don't mind my .02  :)  I have done some serious economy "Stimulating" with Lowrance in the last 12 months .  I think your choices will be perfect   But would offer a couple opinions . You could get a Gen 2 HDS 8 for a song right now and probably by next year early , even cheaper with the touch units out  . I am getting ready to buy another 8 or 10 in a month or so , I would suggest getting the biggest screen your wallet can handle :) I wasn't happy with the 5 so I got a 7 wasn't happy with that so I got a gen 2 8 and now I want another 8 or 10 lol   You can get a Gen 2 HDS 8 Basemaps for about $70 more than I paid for a Gen 1 7  basemaps 10 months ago :)  and the 8 and 10 both have the shortcut buttons which is Sweet !
Go Big !  You will also want Sonic hub and 2 LSS units :).
  Now Fly can tell ya all about switching from HB to Lowrance as I have no experience with HB.
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Wil Holmes

Quote from: Bigwrench on December 19, 2012, 06:07:50 PM
Wil,
  I know you asked Fly , so hope you don't mind my .02  :)  I have done some serious economy "Stimulating" with Lowrance in the last 12 months .  I think your choices will be perfect   But would offer a couple opinions . You could get a Gen 2 HDS 8 for a song right now and probably by next year early , even cheaper with the touch units out  . I am getting ready to buy another 8 or 10 in a month or so , I would suggest getting the biggest screen your wallet can handle :) I wasn't happy with the 5 so I got a 7 wasn't happy with that so I got a gen 2 8 and now I want another 8 or 10 lol   You can get a Gen 2 HDS 8 Basemaps for about $70 more than I paid for a Gen 1 7  basemaps 10 months ago :)  and the 8 and 10 both have the shortcut buttons which is Sweet !
Go Big !  You will also want Sonic hub and 2 LSS units :).
  Now Fly can tell ya all about switching from HB to Lowrance as I have no experience with HB.
Awesome any Input is always welcome thanks! I will step up to 2 HDS 8 gen 2's then forsure with the LSS-2 and get the sonic hub didn't realize how close in price the Gen 2 units were to the Gen 1 but I can understand it because they have the touch screens now. Thanks for the help again.
Humminbird 859ci HD

Bigwrench

Wil ,
I misinformed you on price difference :( I just looked up my receipts was actually alot more than $70 difference lol  ( redneck math).  :) ill send you a PM so not to keep hijacking Flys thread :) but actual difference was closer to $300 , and forgot about the rebate lol another $200 -  next time I do math I need to take my boots off lol. Sorry

jbizkit3000

2012 Pantera 4

Boat does not have MG anymore. BCB sent me a 80lb Fortrex

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]

Flyswatter

Are you ever lucky.  That color scheme is bad to the bone. 

I really like this view of your boat.  Is shows off that big 19' plus deck.

jbizkit3000

:)  ;D

Thanks!!

Pic was taken by my GF, she did a good job on that one. I am fond of the colors also!

pascatII

2012 Pantera II with Mercury 200 Optimax.  Saw 63 mph before the eyes watered up.  Will see if goggles help me get over 70 mph this spring.

Love the cat.

pascatII

Ready for Sam Rayburn.

Flyswatter

Quote from: pascatII on February 02, 2013, 01:10:14 AM
Ready for Sam Rayburn.

You betcha.  I'll be heading that way for OI come April too.

If you need help posting pics I can help.  We all like to see what ya got!   ~gf

Eyra1

Proud owner of a 1996 Eyra/ 2012 Mercury Pro XS 175.   Still new to the board so I haven't had time to figure how to post a picture.  Flyswatter helped me out with electronics.
CastAway Rods ---- SpiderWire---- Lake Fork Tackle

HSVBCB

Fly, great talking to you yesterday and thanks for info on EZTug...still considering one for my new to me 2012 Eyra.  Pic below...awesome boat I picked up at end of last year from Ricky in Texas...she's now home in Alabama running the Big G.  Just wish the fish were as impressed with her as I am  ~gf

Been lurking for a few days after I followed you over here from BCB forum.  Looks great and the more info and opinions the better for me.  Thanks again for what you do.
Bill

Flyswatter

Bill same to you.  Let's bring that bad boy to life.  Sweet looking boat brother!

HSVBCB

Thanks Fly!  Taking my time learning the feel and ride of this boat.  Huge difference coming out of a classic.  Amazing acceleration once on plane...taking it easy working towards WOT speeds.

Flyswatter

That is an amazing combo.  First to the hole with that hull and motor.   Digressing to the ramp you boat is gonna turn some heads with that color scheme.  Great looking rims too.  Lots' to be proud of with this one.  Be safe and get those livewells stinky!   ~gf

scubaman154

2007 Puma 225 HO Evinrude, make 101 ., LW Lms  337,lcx28hd. How do I post a picture?

Flyswatter

Well the neighborhood has been upgraded with your Cat/Etec combo. 

To insert Pics. 

1.  Copy the image address of your pic (right button mouse click if you have a Mac). Not sure with PC. I bet similar.
2.  Reply to a topic you and to insert your image
3.  Click on the Insert Button and copy/insert the image address between the "img" brackets.

PM and I'll help post for you if you have challenges. 

Scubaman,  good to see you over here   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

REDDOG

traded 97 jag in i had for 13yrs/ ordered 2013 PANTERA 4  two weeks ago   !!!!   i live in MNT. HOME so i wont have far to drive to pickup

Flyswatter

You lucky dog!   What are your color schemes?  13 years with the Jag?  You got your monies worth out of that boat.  I absolutely love my bros 1998 Jag.  What a great boat and layout by today's standards.

PIV after having one is a fantastic boat.  It's a Puma with out the price shock by comparison.  The PIV's  rear storage boxes are huge and biggest I've seen in the whole BassCat lineup from my recollection.  Other then that I like the boat.   :)

fishn4bass

2010 PANTERA IV-MERCURY 200 PRO-XS  PICS TO FOLLOW!

REDDOG

FLY  color schemes for  the    p4 is red/silver   >:D stole the colors from the  post on bcb dated 2/9/13@925am except im going with the merc. motor  i see you made a comment on it then !!! ~roflmao lo

bobsquatch13

2002 Pantera Classic, 200hp Optimax big block - Croxton 25" Razor3 prop. This is my 10th bass boat and would have to say the best one of them all. Fast, handles great in the Ca. Delta waters I fish, most economical bass boat with motor that size I have ever owned. Do a lot of running in the Delta and despite that average just over 4 gal. of gas per trip with some of those being fairly long distance 10 - 12 mile and when in a tournament at speed. This rig always gets me there and back, very dependable. Only boat I have had not bought new, had it almost 6 yrs. now and great!