Berkley Hit Stick

Started by Capt. BassinLou, April 21, 2023, 01:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Here's another share out of my fishing toolbox. This jerkbait is called the Berkley Hit Stick.

I came across this jerkbait a couple of years ago. I had a few peacock trips lined up and needed a few jerkbaits. At the time, I didn't know how expensive jerkbaits had become, and through my research, I came across these affordable Hit Sticks.

It did not take long for me and my clients to love them. When the hard jerkbait bite is on, give these try.

big g

Thanks Lou, I have one but haven't used in years.  I may try again when I'm the boat.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Smallie_Stalker

I like my Hit Stix. You should also try the Stunna models. IMO they cast better, have a slightly different action and they make a slow sinking model that works well if a fish blows up on the bait but misses. Just pause it in place and let it slowly sink down.

My guess is that it appears to the fish like they stunned or killed it and now it's an easy meal. Also saves the need to reel in and make a second cast with a follow-up bait.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

skidemn

I just got back from an epic smallmouth trip where we caught about 100 fish on jerkbaits. The Berkley Stunna far outshined the Megabass Vision 110 in the colder 62° water. The Megabass is supposed to be neutrally buoyant, but actually floated in the denser cold water where the Stunna, which is a slow sinker, was actually more neutrally buoyant. We also caught several on the Luckycraft Pointer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk