2018 FLBR Classic!!

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 14, 2018, 01:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Yes.... I know, I'm early to bring this up, but I have my reasons.

It's that time fellas. Where we going this year?

If you are new to this process, this is the time of year all interested participants come together and we discuss where we are holding the Classic. The FLBR Classic, besides being a blast, is the only time through out the year that we level the playing field, come together, and fish one body of water. For 2 days we battle it out for the FLBR Classic Title.  Boater's and Non-boaters are welcome. (If you would like to participate you will need to be an active FLBR participant and have competed for at least 60 days up to the event)

Keep in mind, Central FL is the ideal region, this way, driving for most participants doesn't have to be too long.

For now, I would like to narrow down location and October dates.

My choice: (Location): Lake Kissimmee  (Date: ) Oct 6&7  (Boater or Non-Boater: ) Boater

What say you?

SFL BassHunter

Your post made me happy! Then it made me sad cause it's in October.

My Choice: (Location) Istokpoga  (Date:) Oct 6-7  Non-Boater

Just cause I want to change it up.  ~beer~
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FD

Kissimmee Oct 6-7

swim/bike/run....repeat

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on May 14, 2018, 02:13:08 PM
Kissimmee Oct 6-7

swim/bike/run....repeat

Got it. Tx!!

Kawidaddy

As of now Oct.6&7 are good dates for me, if you guys will have me. I'm game with just about any location.

rchiuz

I know this is way in advance and things can change but I would like to participate to. It would be my first time

FYI: no boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Kawidaddy on May 14, 2018, 02:56:04 PM
As of now Oct.6&7 are good dates for me, if you guys will have me. I'm game with just about any location.

We love to meet fellow FLBR participants!! Kawi, will you be a boater or Non-boater?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rchiuz on May 14, 2018, 03:25:27 PM
I know this is way in advance and things can change but I would like to participate to. It would be my first time

We would love to have you Roberto. You have been with us for a while now.

BarryFL

Back to Grape Hammock works for me. I'll have a backseat open, but want Chris to have first dibs.

Staying on the lake is the simplest but I'm up for Toho, Harris, Stick Marsh or somewhere on the St Johns if we can get lodging with a few miles (<10-15)  of a ramp.

Rick, Istokpoga sux!!! I hate the sand bar out to 100 yards off shore that surrounds that lake.

If Walt participates, I'm pressuring him, he will have a backseat open.
~Barry~

cport

Kissimmee, Barry's boat (if he'll have me). You planning on pre-fishing again, Barry?
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Kawidaddy

Quote from: Bassinlou on May 14, 2018, 03:38:38 PM
We love to meet fellow FLBR participants!! Kawi, will you be a boater or Non-boater?

I am a non-boater.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cport on May 14, 2018, 03:44:27 PM
Kissimmee, Barry's boat (if he'll have me). You planning on pre-fishing again, Barry?

Chris... I was counting on you for being the party barge Capt...  lo lo.. ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

:-* Remember!! :-*

For those of you that are seriously making a run for AOY this season, attending the Classic guarantees you Bonus points and making the TOP 3 gets you even more!! Hell!! Since I'm in a bonus giving mood.  :-* Big Fish winner also gets a bonus!!  ~bb Can't throw in any more incentives than that.  lo

BarryFL

Quote from: cport on May 14, 2018, 03:44:27 PM

I will mostly likely arrive Thursday afternoon and pre-fish wherever we go. You're welcome to join me.
~Barry~

BarryFL

I will also provide the meal on Friday night. I'm thinking my infamous chili recipe this time.
~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: TR21PDCTampa on May 14, 2018, 04:28:15 PM
I will also provide the meal on Friday night. I'm thinking my infamous chili recipe this time.
Awesome!! Thanks Barry

FD

Quote from: rchiuz on May 14, 2018, 03:25:27 PM

You can fish with me if you want a shot at winning

swim/bike/run....repeat

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: TR21PDCTampa on May 14, 2018, 03:44:17 PM
Back to Grape Hammock works for me. I'll have a backseat open, but want Chris to have first dibs.

Staying on the lake is the simplest but I'm up for Toho, Harris, Stick Marsh or somewhere on the St Johns if we can get lodging with a few miles (<10-15)  of a ramp.

Rick, Istokpoga sux!!! I hate the sand bar out to 100 yards off shore that surrounds that lake.

If Walt participates, I'm pressuring him, he will have a backseat open.
Went there season before last. Day after a hurricane. That sucked the fishing sucked day 1. But day 2 we found them. I like the lake. But the cabins at Kissimmee are nicer.

So I'm flexible with either place.

The way things are looking I won't have a boat by the Classic so I'll just have to back seat on lous boat again and out fish him. ;)

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Hmm...since I wont be traveling out of state this year, maybe ill bring the MudPuppy up to Kissimmee.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cport

Quote from: Bassinlou on May 14, 2018, 03:52:22 PM
Chris... I was counting on you for being the party barge Capt...  lo lo.. ~beer~
Bunk that! I'm going for it, serious fishing with Barry as skipper. We're going 1-2, and I'm throwing big baits after the limit like Barry showed me, so the rest of you can compete for third. If you need a party barge skipper, I see that the Bassing Bartender may be bringing his MudPuppy, and since he's not rally eligible, he can motor around with the beer cooler.  lo lo ~beer~ ~beer~
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on May 15, 2018, 07:31:09 AM
Bunk that! I'm going for it, serious fishing with Barry as skipper. We're going 1-2, and I'm throwing big baits after the limit like Barry showed me, so the rest of you can compete for third. If you need a party barge skipper, I see that the Bassing Bartender may be bringing his MudPuppy, and since he's not rally eligible, he can motor around with the beer cooler.  lo lo ~beer~ ~beer~

That was the plan! Ill just stay over her grandparents house. Maybe she will want to go and spend the weekend with them.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on May 15, 2018, 07:31:09 AM

If you ain't first, your last. So who's 1?

Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 15, 2018, 07:36:51 AM
That was the plan! Ill just stay over her grandparents house. Maybe she will want to go and spend the weekend with them.

I'm sure we can make some room in a cabin for the Supreme Party Director...
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on May 15, 2018, 07:42:37 AM
If you ain't first, your last. So who's 1?

Back seater has its disadvantages, but not so much with Barry. You know I'm going for #1. There's no bikini portion in this competition, so I guess you'll have to settle for third...
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on May 15, 2018, 07:47:06 AM
Back seater has its disadvantages, but not so much with Barry. You know I'm going for #1. There's no bikini portion in this competition, so I guess you'll have to settle for third...
that's what you think. Lou is going to be implementing bonus points for best man boobs and I've got that category locked down!

Florida Bass Fishing