Cedar Creek Lake Bass Fishing Reports

Started by Ranger375, July 10, 2004, 01:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creel Limit Zero

:o  Wow, 5.7 pounder, great work Dawg. 

Lipripper

Creel eye would love to catch a 5.7 lb Bass  ~c~ ~c~ and stop by the scramble word  :help: :help:

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

DAWG

DAWG

Fished the Creek again yesterday .Wind was blowing around 10-15 MPH most of the day .Water was a little stained and cooling .Managed to get a 3lber on a blue/yellow spinner bait earlier in the day. Changed to a jig head I won from the site with a creature bait on it and managed to get 6 more smaller fish on it before catching a tree limb it wouldnt come off of.
Knot tying lessons havent payed off on the larger Cavitron buzzbaits yet,lost another one yesterday on the 3rd toss   :'( even tied a palomer knot and made sure to wet the line first dont know what it is about them ,but they wont stay on.the smaller ones will though

Pferox

Great report DAWG, I know loosing baits can get expensive.
I think we need to talk about it, but in another thread.  :roll2:
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

Lipripper

Good report DAWG   ~c~ ~c~ and your doing worse than me then with the loss of Buzz Baits because of them comeing off  :'( :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

DAWG

Went to the Creek to fish today only to find them draining the lake down 5' to bring in enough sand to make a swimming area for next year.The water was very low and the docks were now dry docks :'( I did talk to one guy that said it has really effected the fishing even worse than the middle of summer.Needless to say i didnt even launch the boat.

wareagle71

I totally understand.  The MIBA which is a group I fish tournaments with sometimes all stood around last weekend after a long day on the water discussing a handful of lakes they are draining around Central and Southern Indiana that we cannot fish on.  It is frustrating.

Better luck next time.

WAR

DAWG

SWLJustin and I went out here Sunday the 27th and found the lake still down 5' due to the installing of the swimming beach. The water seemed to have turned over .As we went to different areas of the lake the water changed colors,but mostly being stained.The temp. was between 47*-50* depending on what area of the lake you were in.Wind was 10-15 mph .Only one small dink was boated on a finesse worm,onceagain by Justin.

DAWG

Not much to report today,wasnt out there but a couple of hours.I did manage to boat one small dink on a white/chartruse spinner bait.Water was around 56* and stained from the  ~rain .there were quite a few boats out,but I didnt see anyone else landing anything either. Hopefully things will start to turn on here in the next week as the weather is supposed to start warming up.
I have heard a couple of people are starting to catch several crappies around  2 other lakes in the area.Taylorsville and Herrington.

Ranger375

Fished Cedar Creek today - water temp is rising rapidly.  Caught a 4 lb 10 oz slow working a purple metal flake brush hog along the trees in mid lake cove where the tree line intersects the cove.  If you want to know the exact location - just let me know.   The lake is under a lot of pressure as expected but there appear to be so many fish available and enough guys that don't know where they are that fishing is still very good.  Still a trophy lake in the making! Right now slow is the trick - at least for me anyway.
"It Ain't all the things that we don't know that causes all the trouble...it's all the things that we DO know that ain't so!"

medwards22

I just wanted to comment on cedar. It happens to be one of my favorite places to fish. I go there at least once a week. Every time i go there i catch something. Weather it be a bluegill, bass, crappie or cat i always get something. Great lake.

MiztaGizma

Heading to Cedar Creek in the morning for the first time... Anyone been lately, wat's the fishing like this time of year? I'll post a report of how we do... Hopefully we net something large enuff to snap a few  ;PHO) of... :) wish us luck.

jamesdenson

this is a awsome lake cant believe no post here in a while people must wanna keep it secret this is a great place to fish was there wed friend caught a 24 inch LM  weighing almost 6lb + had several that weighed over 2lb and several under 2 also there is tournys held there now. i may fish the next one myself if anyone is interested in fishing them send me an email and ill give you the time and dates.