Ultimate Basser's turned Youtubers, support group thread

Started by Capt. BassinLou, July 17, 2021, 08:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

My latest video just dropped. Watch: POST COLD FRONT Fishing in the EVERGLADES

big g

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on November 05, 2021, 04:31:51 PM

I know this might sound silly to some, HOW DO I GET TO THIS LATEST VIDEO?
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on November 05, 2021, 06:25:09 PM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on November 05, 2021, 04:31:51 PM

I know this might sound silly to some, HOW DO I GET TO THIS LATEST VIDEO?
I just sent you link George.

big g

Thanks Lou, I enjoyed it.  Very professional video. ~c~  Too many bass coming off after the hook set.  I would go with thin wire hooks.  I never had a bass straighten the hook, although I seldom use heavy braid line.  I have had a mudfish destroy a hook a few times.  Gives much better sticks on the set.  But I use quality hooks, and #4's.  I would not use them with heavy braid, or heavy rods.  Loved the video I was entertained! 
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on November 05, 2021, 07:07:28 PM
Thanks Lou, I enjoyed it.  Very professional video. ~c~  Too many bass coming off after the hook set.  I would go with thin wire hooks.  I never had a bass straighten the hook, although I seldom use heavy braid line.  I have had a mudfish destroy a hook a few times.  Gives much better sticks on the set.  But I use quality hooks, and #4's.  I would not use them with heavy braid, or heavy rods.  Loved the video I was entertained!
Appreciate you watching the video George! Happy you enjoyed it. Thank you for the feed back.

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

FD

Trying a Saturday night release.  Walk in Water is coming around 915 tonight.

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

D.W. Verts

Capt. BassinLou

Finished editing my outing with FlatsNBays. Video should drop later this evening. ;)

Capt. BassinLou

Video dropped, look up Catch Fest: Pea's & Bass Lake Ida on my YT channel. Enjoy!!

D.W. Verts

Bud Kennedy

I really enjoyed the video.  Always great to see folks having fun while fishing.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on November 09, 2021, 01:54:30 PM
I really enjoyed the video.  Always great to see folks having fun while fishing.

Awesome, thank you for watching Bud.  ~beer~

D.W. Verts

I posted a video a little while ago (81st one, but who's counting?) about the anti's. Nothing nasty, and with a story about how I dealt with one of them years ago. I had 361 subscribers this morning. After that video went up I've lost one and now have 360. Hah!

Dale

MarkAmerica

Permit me to respectfully suggest that some of you try out rumble.com and get accounts there. It's a growing site, and for some folk out there, self included, youtube is on the no-go list for a host of reasons.  Rumble is a similar kind of site to youtube, but there's not a ton of fishing content on there yet. You guys could lead the way over there and kind of get established while there's less competition. Might give it a try, but hey, whatever you like. Some people have channels on both, and post their content in both places. Due to the growing culture of censorship at youtube, a lot of people have begun to make that move.

Mark

D.W. Verts

D.W. Verts

I did START my series on how to paint/build your own lures on my YouTube channel yesterday. I should, Lord willing, be able to do the actual "how to" next week. I'll try to keep it short and sweet, but it will take a couple of sessions to get it done.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on November 14, 2021, 06:03:28 AM
I did START my series on how to paint/build your own lures on my YouTube channel yesterday. I should, Lord willing, be able to do the actual "how to" next week. I'll try to keep it short and sweet, but it will take a couple of sessions to get it done.

Dale
That looks cool Dale. Should be interesting videos.

Capt. BassinLou

I have decided to supplement my channel with canal bank fishing episodes as well. This is the style of fishing I grew up with. Finished my preliminary edit of my first episode, tomorrow I begin building the story.

FD

Josh and I are checked in to our hotel in Cullman, A La Bama!  Fishing and shooting with a special guest tomorrow...

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

RangerAndBass

You went to fish? Lucky man! I thought it was something boring like work or family.
Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

FD

Quote from: RangerAndBass on November 14, 2021, 09:15:51 PM
You went to fish? Lucky man! I thought it was something boring like work or family.
Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Back to Back BassMaster Classic Champ.  That's all the hint yall get.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures

FD

Today, for the first time I will have a video hit 1000 views.  By Wednesday a second one should hit 1000 as well.

I had to tell someone and yall are the only people that understand how much work it takes to do that.  Most people think of YouTube as a silly little hobby and not the HUGE business opportunity that it truly is..

Thanks for being around for me to share this little victory with.

FDx Custom Rods
CPF Lures