My new Champion has been ordered...

Started by Capt. BassinLou, December 16, 2019, 10:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

and it will ship out today!! Woohoo!! Gotta love the Dobyns crew. After talking with Brayton, (I do hope I heard/and spelled his name correctly, I apologize if I didn't) enjoys throwing big swimbaits himself, we came to the conclusion that the DC 806HSB-LH would suit me well. I'm looking forward to using this rod next week. Stay tuned for my first impressions.  ;)

Smallie_Stalker

Congrats on the new rod Lou! Looking forward to the review.   :-*
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

zippyduck

Lou,
That is a lot of rod. When you get tired of swimbaits bring it up here and fling some musky lures.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: zippyduck on December 16, 2019, 11:19:00 AM
Lou,
That is a lot of rod. When you get tired of swimbaits bring it up here and fling some musky lures.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sure sounds like it,  lo lo but if I want to be throwing big swimbaits I need the right tool to get the job done efficiently. I would rather have the rod throw the bait, than my arms throwing it.  :-*

fishballer06

Congrats on the purchase. A modest price to pay for a new PB if you ask me  ~shade
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

Mike Cork

Congrats :toot:

Going to be nice having someone in the boards that has big swimbait experience with the Champion line ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 16, 2019, 12:59:36 PM
Congrats :toot:

Going to be nice having someone in the boards that has big swimbait experience with the Champion line ~c~
I love the Champion line, I'm too hesitant to check out the Extremes. They might ruin me 

BarryFL

It will work great for A rigs, chandeliers as my wife calls them, too.

~Barry~

~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Capt. BassinLou

First impressions... like all Champions, this rods a beauty. Light in hand, but feels stout. Just what I'm looking for when I pull the trigger and stick a bass. I will offer more insight once I get on the water with it next week.

Capt. BassinLou

Gotta love Dobyns, ordered the rod late morning on Monday, in my hand by Thurs.  ~c~