Swartzwood lake Bass Fishing Reports

Started by bassintom, July 11, 2004, 09:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassintom

had a tourney there sat.night.whole lake was dead calm.water temp was about 77 degrees.lots of action with red shad senkos and jitterbug.fished shallow near steep drop offs.run a jitterbug over one of the points and hang on!
fishing is not a matter of life or death,IT'S MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT!
a man's gotta believe in something,I BELIEVE I'LL GO FISHING!

MotherNature

Tom~
I am glad to see some posts for a new state. Thank you for the info. The 50 states are a new addition to this board (about 3 weeks old now) and we are trying to advertise it as much as possible to the clubs and fishermen in general. I hope that it picks up soon, and welcome aboard!

If you have a bass club that doesn't already have it's own message board and they would like one just let me know and I will set one up for them.

Laurie

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

gambler183gt

Our club is supposed to have its opener on April3rd(dont think so) still iced up.The Walleye will be getting ready for there yearly fun,and they should be stacked up in the stream by my yard.I will keep you posted and hope to get a few Aqua-view shots to post. Think spring.  Lee NJ
Sponsors(Anglers Select, Castaway Rods, Batteries plus,TTI-Blakemore,Cool Foot,Save Phace,Lake Fork Tackle)

Mike Cork

That would be really cool  8) Looking forward to it ~c~ Hope the ice out happens soon for you all. gambler183gt did you see the link I left for you about the club connections in the welcome new members threads :-\

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

gambler183gt

Mike, yes I did,thanks. I will bring up this site at April's meeting for the members to check out.Temps are hanging in the 30s during the day and teens at night. I dont think its going to happen. The next one in line is Greenwood on the 17th,good early season smallies but until June,they will be paper tourneys. We need more of this --> ~sun. What exactly did you mean by helping out your state?  Lee
Sponsors(Anglers Select, Castaway Rods, Batteries plus,TTI-Blakemore,Cool Foot,Save Phace,Lake Fork Tackle)

Mike Cork

gambler183gt As much as we would love to have all your members join and particapate in the site. The club connection is like the article says, for your club. So don't just push the site, tell them about all the advantages having their own forum here can do for a club :-*

Hopefully before much longer you all will be fishing, we are so spoiled here in the south lo

Cork's Reel Service

gambler183gt

Hello again, I had a few hours to spare today,so I took a 1 minute ride to Swartswood today. Surface temp was 65-67. There were fish here and there on the flats at first,but at around 1:00 pm the bass came out of hiding. They were cruising all over the shallow coves.They couldnt refuse the old Jersey rig, the senkos were working,but the smaller bait worked better. I dont have to many days like this, but I lost count of how many came aboard. No real big-uns, but took a few 3 lb large mouths and a few 2-3 lb smallies. Most were 2 lb largemouths, didnt see any toads but they are there. Lee NJ

Mike Cork

Gotta love it when the come out to play ~c~ thanks for the update ~c~

Cork's Reel Service