SJHT D.O.D. LAKE Club Results Sat. 07-23-16

Started by BigNasty06, July 24, 2016, 10:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: D.O.D. LAKE, Pedericktown, NJ
Date: Saturday, July 23, 2016
Time: 5:30am-12:30pm
Weather:  Scorching Hot as Balls 78 at the start increasing up to 97 Degrees...feeling like 103 Degrees.  Blue Bird skys. 
Water Temps: 83 degrees at start maxing out at 88 degrees.
Water Clarity: Clear down to 4.0'
Wind Gust: Pretty calm 5-10mph 
Best Lure:  Rattletraps and See Report pics
Depths fished: 4.5'~12.5'
Limit: 3

----------------------------------------------

Welcome back to SJHT 13th event of the season at D.O.D. Lake.

Can you say Hot as Heck!!!  You know it's hot when the flies and mosquitos take a break from attacking anglers.  LOL!!

and a member who came after the tournament with wife catches a 3lber Plus... Go Figure!  Way to go Bill *The Hammer* L.

Like last week, there were alot of Bass caught.  There were multiple limits caught  and tons of sub par 12" Bass caught.   This seems to be the pattern for some in South Jersey lately.

Without further adieu, please give a big shout out to Rob *Not Roberto* M. for taking 1st place and Lunker with 3 Bass going 5.37lbsRob's Lunker went 2.96lbs. For the second week in a row, 2nd Place was won by Dennis *Jiggen Den* T.  with 3 Bass weighing 4.67lbs.   3rd Place was won by Brian *SubFish* M. with 3 Bass going 4.63lbs.   Congrats to these men as they were able to cull through the smaller dinks, battle the hot temperatures, and rise to the top.  Miscellenous Pot was won by Dave. S with a SnakeHead going 2.28lbs; 

Rob's 3 Bass Limit 1st and Lunker Bag:

Jiggen Den 2nd Place bag:

Brian's  3rd Place:

D.O.D. LAKE Tale of Tape:

Other Angler's catch's and Highlights:

TRAPPER'S Bag of Bass:

TROOPS  Bag of Bass:

DAVES Misc SnakeHead Bag:

and it's demise.....

BN's Dinks:

Summary: We had a total of 10 anglers come out today. 8 out of the 10 caught at least 1 Bass.  There were  4 Limits weighed in.  18 Bass were caught in total giving way to 24.52lbs .  That gave an avg. of 1.36lbs per bass. 

There were numerous sub par 12" Bass caught.  Congrats to Rob and Jiggen Den for taking home the purse. Can't forget Dave on the Misc Purse.  Thanks to all of the SJHT family for coming out on a SCORCHER of a Hot and Humid Day.   

Next up is CARNEGIE LAKE this in 2 weeks. Let the Tag Teaming Begin.

Tightlines,
BN06

Lipripper

Another good report and some more nice looking Bass. ~c~ ~c~ You going to eat that snake head I heard they taste good.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

topdsm0138

Quote from: Lipripper on July 24, 2016, 11:25:20 AM
Another good report and some more nice looking Bass. ~c~ ~c~ You going to eat that snake head I heard they taste good.
My Cuban Army brother cooks them. Wasn't too bad. I'd place its taste close to Channel Catfish.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Lipripper

Quote from: topdsm0138 on July 29, 2016, 05:57:02 PM
My Cuban Army brother cooks them. Wasn't too bad. I'd place its taste close to Channel Catfish.
That's not to bad then. My wife loves to eat catfish.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

BigNasty06

Quote from: Lipripper on July 30, 2016, 10:37:56 AM
That's not to bad then. My wife loves to eat catfish.

Another sunbather at the ramp wanted the Snake Head...so we gave it to him and the next thing we know...He's already starting to slice and dice it for preparations to eat later in the day.  I heard from alot of the folks down in Maryland and the Potomac River Region that they're good eating.

Actually...some restaurants will actually filet and cook them for you if you bring them in.  I've yet to try one but I do like Cat Fish too.  LOL!!!

BN06