SJHT Union Lake Club Results Sat. 03-18-17

Started by BigNasty06, March 19, 2017, 01:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: UNION LAKE, Millville, NJ
Date: Saturday, March 18, 2017
Time: 7:00am-2:00pm
Weather: Very Chilly and damp 37 degree start warming up to a bearable of 46 degrees.  Overcast skys threaten in far distance by possible rain showers which never really materialized.
Water Temps: 40.1 Degrees Left of boat ramp while main body was a steady 39.7 Degrees.  Some of the Creeks had temps near 42 Degrees.
Water Clarity: 2.5'
Wind Gust: Very Nice 5mph-10mph
Best Lure: Traps, and jigs
Depths fished: 3.5'~ 15.5'
Limit: 3

----------------------------------------------

Bad boys....Bad Boys...Whatcha gonna do.  Whatca gonna do when they come for you?

This was the theme of the day as SJHT Opened up there 2017 Season with ominous winter weather forcasted on a day which really was nice and bearable with all things considered.

First want to give a big shout out to all returning members and our newest rookies who came out today.  Sam and Carlos...Way to hang in there and battle.   Things will definitely get better.

Today, 9 SJHT members came out to do battle at the Mighty Union Lake located in Millville, NJ. These numbers are typically down from our normal season opener where we tend to avg. about 22 boats.  In either case, anglers came out and definitely did there thing.

During the course of finding the right temperature waters....

I came across the eastern shoreline with Ice still up onshorse which showed me these waters were still on the colder side and that I needed to try to find more suitable waters.

This lead me to areas such as this.....

where the temps changed dramatically to....

Unfortunately no one was home nor any viewable bait fish jumping....

Without further adieu, please give a big shout out to Rookie newcomer Sam *The Man* Fitzpatrick for taking 1st place and Lunker with 2 Bass going 7.00lbs.  Sams Lunker went an amazing 5.54lbs. 2nd Place  was won by Brian *SubFish* M.  with the only limit caught on this day with 3 Bass weighing 5.78lbs.   3rd Place was won by the other Fitzpatrick Dan with 1 Bass going 2.51lbs.  Congrats men on coming out on opening day and playing down at Union Lake.

Sam's winning 1st Place Bag and Lunker:

Brian's 2nd Place bag and Limit:

Dan's 3rd Place Bass:

UNION LAKE, Millville, NJ Tale of Tape:

Other images of calmness of weather and Highlights:

For the Capt N Cats Fans.....LOL!!

Summary: We had a total of 9 members  come out for our 2017 Seasoner Opener Tournament today. 4 out of the 9 anglers caught at least 1 Bass.  There was 1 Limit weighed in.  7 Bass were caught in total giving way to 16.42 lbs .  That gave an avg. of 2.35lbs per bass. 

What can I say?  This Internet Re-Mix Song comes to mind but  I digress?

Yes....It was that type of day.  LOL!!!

Thanks again to all and hope to see you next week at Rainbow Lake

Tightlines,
BN06

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and it does look a little cold out there and glad y'all found some fish that wasn't frozen to the bottom of the lake. lo lo Like you said it will get better. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet