SJHT CARNEGIE LAKE Club Results Sat. 08-14-21

Started by BigNasty06, August 14, 2021, 07:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: CARNEGIE LAKE, Princeton, NJ
Date: Sat. August 14, 2021
Time: 6:00am-2:00pm
Weather:  Very warm and Humid.  Early AM temp hovering around 76 Degrees. Sporatic clouds as a afternoon Cold Front is due to arrive.  Temps reached a toasty but comfortable 88 Degrees.  Overall a very pleasant days with occassional breeze.   
Water Temps: 80.5 degrees rising to 83.5
Water Clarity: 1.5'~2.0'
Wind Gust: 5-10 MPHs
Best Lure:  Crankbaits, Mission Baby D-Bombs, shakey heads, and jigs
Depths fished: 2.0'~4.5''
Limit: 3 Bass 

----------------------------------------------

Welcome to round #13 of the SJHT 2021 season where 12 members came out to battle at Carnegie Lake following mutiple days with the Air Temps in the Mid to upper 90's degree range.

The bite was hot and heavy early on while shuffling through the Cookie cutter size Bass. Anglers reported catching a mixture of Dinks and Keepers while the Misc. bite was less than desirable.

Lets get it going!!!

Please give a big congrats to overall 1st place winner, Lunker Winner, and Misc. Winner Mike *The Boogey Man* Del Monico Winning pot weighing in 3 Bass going 7.85lbs Mike's  Lunker went a chunky 3.75lbs. 2nd Place won by Jackson *The Assassin* Fu with 3 Bass going 7.69lbs3rd Place was won by Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino with 3 Bass going 6.35bs. Misc. was won by Mike *The Boogey Man* with a decent Pickeral going 2.24lbs.  

CARNEGIE LAKE, TALE OF TAPE:

Mike's 1st Place, Lunker, and Misc Winner:

Fu's 2nd Place bag:

Jiggen Den's 3rd Place winner:

Other Anglers Bass:

Brian's 3 Bass Keeper Bag:

Rookie Member Scott Schappelle Keepers:

Bill Leach's Lone Keeper:

BN06's 3 Keepers:

and other onboard pics of a hopeful Misc. and the numerous Cookie Cutter size Bass caught earlier in the day.

Summary: CARNEGIE LAKE showed us what she's capable of producing.  Some healthy, chunky bass mixed in with some adolescent Bass, and of course the other species of fish in this body of water.  For most, anglers reported filtering through the dinks and reaching there 3 Bass Limits.  I had 2 keepers within the 1st 15mins of the Tournament while keeping active with some small panfish pickups.  Since the weather and water temps seemed a little cooler, it made the slight breeze actually a little comfortable.  Anglers reported losing some nice size bass next to the boat.  Some spitting the hooks while others just didn't have a good hook set.  Not a bad day to be on the water after our latest Heat wave.

In All, all 11 out of 12 SJHT Anglers caught at least 1 Bass.   There were 26 Bass caught overall.  This is an increase of 10 Bass from our previous week at D.O.D. Lake.
  CARNEGIE LAKE Bass gave way to total of 45.96lbs caught overall.  This is nearly a 15lbs increase from the previous week.  CARNEGIE Lake avg. weight was 1.77lbs.

An outstanding 7 Anglers caught there 3 Bass Limit.         

Congrats to Mike Del Monico, Jackson, and Dennis on your performances.

Next up is CONOWINGO DAM next week.

Tightlines,
BN06

Mike Cork

Love your detailed reports and all the photos. I know it's a lot of work and I appreciate you putting it together.

You are entered into the Dobyns Champion Series rod giveaway, post more reports for more entries
click here for giveaway rules

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BigNasty06

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 16, 2021, 12:24:29 PM
Love your detailed reports and all the photos. I know it's a lot of work and I appreciate you putting it together.

You are entered into the Dobyns Champion Series rod giveaway, post more reports for more entries
click here for giveaway rules

Thanks Mike and all of the UltimateBass family members.  It is alot of work but what better way to share and get our next generation some basic groundwork, information, and memory's to be created on "A day on the Lake" experience.  Hopefully some nuggets, ideas, conditions, and strategies can be taken away from my contribution.

BN06

Mike Cork

I know for a fact people are reading your stuff and I hope it's putting more fish on the end of their lines for them as well.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service