Maskells Mills Results- 09-13-08

Started by BigNasty06, September 13, 2008, 08:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: Maskells Mills, Salem County-Maskell Mill, NJ
Weather: Overcast foggy 70 Degrees rising to a Humid, Sunny 84 Degrees
Water Temps: 72-77 degrees Southern section rising to 79 degrees Northern section.
Water Clarity: 2.0'~2.5' varied depending on area fished
Water current and Level: Barely no wind\up about a 1'
Best Lure: Chrome Rattletrap, Dark crankbaits, jigs
Depths fished: 2'~7'
Bass Limit: 3

------------------------------------------------------
Sweet ole Maskell Mills.... What can I say?

Rounding out our 17th Bass club tournament of the season, today 10 members & 1 guest of SJHT traveled down to Salem County to see where the Big piggies were hiding.  Well with post front conditions, water levels slightly up, and the bass relating to wood and hugging close to shoreline, members caught there share of dinks....but of course, there were those who caught there limits by 7am!!!  I guess that's what happens when the defending champ tries to relive\visit pass successful spots where they caught there lunker and winning bag!!!  At this juncture, I would normally show some of the laydowns and fallen trees, but tonight I'm lazy and you've probably seen them already anyway!  LOL!!!

So without further adieu, a Big Congratulations goes out to Brian "BassHopper" Suthard for taking 1st Place Lunker with 3 Bass going 4.76lbs. His Lunker went 1.87lbs. 2nd Place went to Chris "5BigGirls" Dalfonso with 3 bass weighing 4.13lbs3rd Place went to Wayne "Moe" Sr. with 3 Bass weighing 4lbs even.  Congratulations Gentlemen!!!

1st Place & Lunker "BassHopper":

2nd Place "5BigGirls":
Note: No photo...Had to leave early

3rd Place "Moe":

Tale of Tape:

Honorable mention:
Jimbo:

BN06...in dedication to all those SRG's:

Word on the street was that one side was on fire whereas the other side (my side) was somewhat hit or miss.  Needless to say, I went through numerous baits trying to re-create that 2007 Maskell Mill Magic, but it was no where to be found.  Anglers found nice layers of grass with decent drop-offs next to fallen trees.  This made for ideal conditions for swimming rattle-traps, cranks, and even Brush Hogs through that vegetation and rearing-back on a couple.  Too bad...most were dinks but it was still fun.  Note:  There were bigger Bass caught but some lost them at the boat

Special Thanks goes out to John and Tina's guest angler Rob for coming out to fish with SJHT today!!!  Hope to see you again!!! BTW... Nice White H3 with the Chromed out 24's!!  :-)

Next week, we are at Mirror Lake..followed by Rising Sun.  Hope to some familiar faces there.

Tightlines,
BN06