SJHT Lums Pond, DE Club Results- 04-21-12

Started by BigNasty06, April 22, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: Lums Pond, Bear, DE
Time: 7:00am-2:00pm
Date: Saturday, April 21, 2012
Weather: Fantastic 55 Degree start warming up to a comfy 77 Degrees; Calm Wind, Blue bird skies with an occasional breeze to alert upcoming rain and showers.
Water Temps: 62 at Start; warming towards 69 Degree right of Boat ramp and up towards Dog Training area.   
Water Clarity: Clear Visability down to 2.0'; Semi-Stained with Pollen on the surface and scattered leaves on surface and in bends
Wind Gusts: Pretty Calm 5~10mph
Best Lure: Traps, DS; and Crankbaits
Depths fished: 2.0'~5.0'
Bass Limit: 3

-----------------------------------------------------
Now this is what I'm talking about!!!!

Nice Calm weather...

Boat Ramp pic:

Making our first return trip after almost 6yrs under Hook One, South Jersey Hook This ventured out of state for its first out of two next tournaments.  On Saturday, we had 12 members come out to fish.  There were 11 LMB Caught giving a total weight of 23.48lbs which gives an average of 2.13lbs per bass.
6 out of 12 anglers caught at least 1 Bass.  There were no Limits caught. 5 Anglers caught at least 2 Bass

Big shout outs to all that did come out on a decent day of fishing and learn a new body of water.  Especially to one of our Iron Men Rob *Ram1212* traveling all the way from the Jackson\Stone Tavern area and Jiggen Den coming from the PA side of the world.  Your attendance and willingness to mix it up does get noticed!!!  :clapping:

Alright....lets get this party started!!!!  Lums Pond located down in Bear, DE is an interesting body of water.  The bass were active, the water depths made for good detective work in figuring them out and whether they were in or out from shore, the different grass found made snags and actual small nibbles somewhat fun.  Anglers reported catching various size short Bass.

Case in point:  Myself

after picking throught the smaller bass and adjusting my DS weight(s), I really began to feel the suddle pick-ups and slight runs the bass were making.  When the wind picked up a bit, I noticed the activity on the finder picked up a bit.  Boat positioning, not spooking the target, and working out to in proved to be key for me in the deeper sections of the pond.

Without further adieu, lets give a Big Congratulations to 2nd year member Dan *Crappie Jon* F. for taking 1st place and Lunker with 2 Bass weighing 4.58lbs which included a .50lb dead fish penalty.  His Lunker weighed 3.86lbs by itself.  2nd Place went to fellow member Jimbo M. with 2 bass weighing 4.48lbs.  3rd Place went to John *GoneFishin* G. with 2 bass weighing 4.26lbs. Way to figure them out men!!! 

Crappie Jon 1st Place Bag:

Jimbo's 2nd Place Bag:

John *GoneFishin* G. 3rd Place Bag:

Lums Pond Tale of the Tape:

Other notable member catches:

Jiggen Den's:

Jay's catch:

BN06 catch:

You know a body of water has a decent reputation when you see so many out of state plates on vehicles and everyone has paid there $6 Park Boat Launch Fee.

Word on the street is that many anglers were getting little nibbles here and there (more than likely crappie and Gills on there beds).  Anglers caught there bass in various parts of the Pond.  Everyone did agree that certain colors and depths fished were the key.  Many Bigger fish were lost in the wood or boat side.  The varied water temps and surface debris made finding the right spots crucial.

I believe for what it's worth, most didn't mind the added distance and expenses.  Our next Club tournament will be down on the NE Flats out of Anchor Marine on Sunday, May 20, 2012 or we may want to switch it to this little Lake X

Yeah Baby..... Live Action!!!  Always willing to research new stuff!!!  :woohoo:

Tightlines and hope to see some out during the NJ Closed Bass Fishing season!!!

BN06