2d trip = Success!!

Started by BassmanRudy, June 19, 2022, 10:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

Hit up the pond again with several more rods rigged up. Threw the whopper plopper for almost an hour straight and no luck. Figured out the lake isn't very deep like I thought. A squarebill would hit bottom even way out in the middle and a Bandit 200 would hit bottom in all but 1 spot. Having fully fished a circle around it yet but so far its holding true. Has a nice green grass on the bottom and has stayed a really green color and not too clear.

Kept hearing splashes up in the reeds so put on a heavier weight and started punching what I could of the reeds from the shore. About 4 flips in I pick up and feel a "tug" so set the hook and proceed to drag a 2.75ish bass up and over them! Thank goodness for braid and the 734c handled it well. 2 flips later I catch a 12" and then that was it. Kept at it for another hour or so hitting all the reeds I could but no more bites. Was using a 8" SK mag worm. In the first bass's mouth was a dragonfly tail sticking out so that might be what the splashing I heard was- them picking off the dragonflies. But yeah its great to be back at catching bass again!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

Great news that you found a fix close to home in the desert. Catching them in the cattails can be a blast, especially when you hang that 5-6 pounder... Keep the reports coming.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

I knew you'd figure it out sooner or later ~shade  Congrats on the catching and tks for sharing the trip and pictures with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

BassmanRudy

Thanks guys! Happy to be fishing!!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com