my wife joked, "I think your therapy is working!'

Started by Hobious, February 25, 2024, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobious

I am not ashamed I talk to someone.  work/life stresses can add up. 

anyways, I went fishing yesterday.  I caught my 1st and 2nd Largemouth bass of 2024.  I am on the board!!!  I hammered the lake yesterday.  I challenging lake, but it is the closest "big" lake to me.  not a lot of big bass.  the lake I learned was 50% empty from a drought.  now?  it is full!  brand new lake to me.  I couldn't find islands I used to fish.  they were deeply submerged.  I ate way more Xmas Fruitcake yesterday, than any normal adult should eat.  I havent grocery shopped for a bit.  it was all I had.

anyway, coming home loading up my kayak, I notice horrors.  my Hobie Kayak had cracked thru the hull in two spots.  oh, NOOOO!!!  at this point, all I have is to trust the Hobie warranty.  whatever.  nothing to get excited about...it won't help, and it never helps to agonize over it.  hence, the successful talk sessions. 

I am focusing more on the fact that I have caught fish.  a 2lb and then a 3lb. 

I might have to change my username to Old-Townious, if Hobie gives me the middle finger. hahahaha...or Nativian.  both the old-towns and Native seem like great ways to go.  Hobious may be all wrong for me. :D

caddyjoe77

here is to hoping you get some good warranty from Hobie -- i would think so. 

BeerMe

Princeton_Man

Congratulations on getting on the board with a couple of respectable fish! The other stuff kind of sucks, but I expect Hobie will be taking care you pretty quickly. Anything less and I'll surely take them off my shortlist.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

J.W.

That big of a water level change will definitely make a place fish like a whole different lake sometimes, good on you for finding some. I hope Hobie gets you back on the water pretty quickly.

Bigbass201

You will find out if Hobbie stands behind their products. 
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

Hobious

Just got the word.

Hobie put a new Hull on the next truck out for me.  hooray!!!!!

J.W.

Quote from: Hobious on March 04, 2024, 02:12:37 PMJust got the word.

Nice. Good on them.

Captsteve

Quote from: Hobious on March 04, 2024, 02:12:37 PMJust got the word.

Great news

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

big g

Congrats with Hobie.  Let us know how it all works out in the long run. ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

bassmedic46

That's great news that a company stands behind its product. Hopefully the new Hobie comes soon.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing