Team Lew's TL1H Review

Started by SenkoGuru, March 27, 2013, 05:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenkoGuru

My Wife bought me a Team Lew's TL1H for Easter. I have a Tournament Pro that I think is a great Reel but this is really a step up, not a giant step up but it is a little better, the reel seem's to feel a bit more refined. Their is nothing cheap feeling about it. The only other reel I have felt, that comes close to the smooth feeling this Lew's reel has is the Diawa Zillon and I would rather have the Team Lew's.  It has a very smooth feel to it when cranking and the carbon composite Drag is like Velvet, I caught a 7.4 LMB this last week and it was the first time that I felt like the fish had no chance. It has 14-lbs of max drag and it comes with a total of four centrifugal brakes and a 1-10 magnetic dial setting on the outside plate.

With the Titanium deposition finished frame and aluminum side plates, you really don't have to worry about boat rash. This reel will cast as far as you will ever need one to cast and I can even throw it into the High winds we have been having here in La. with out any kind of an over-run or birds nest at all. It reminds me of the feeling of throwing a Shimano Curado E into the wind (never could back-lash those) but at the same time it is much smoother on both the cast and retrieve The reel has a small profile and I can palm it all day comfortably . I really like everything about this reel but I do feel like the handles are a little to thin but after I added the reel grips in feels perfect. The audible click of the spool tension knob is a nice touch and the red detailing really sets the reel apart from others in looks. I think any one would be very happy with this reel, if their is anything you want to ask about it feel free to ask I will try to answer as best I can. Thanks for reading and good fishing.

[attachment outdated - deleted by admin]
Megabass Orochi xx Rods / Daiwa Reels / Yamamoto Senko's / V & M /  Gamakatsu

Remember your life vest. It floats, you don't.

earldogg

Would love to own some higher end reels from lews, but no lefty's. I guess I'll have to live with the tp's, for now. Sweet reel dude.

LgMouthGambler

I like the finish. Nice setup.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Pacific NW Ron

Great wife to get that for you.  Lucky dog!!  Those are very high quality and still affordable so to speak.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

gator178

I have four of the Lew's TL1H reels.  They are great reels, light and very smooth.  I lucked out and got a great deal on them.  I was at my local Academy Sports.  They did not have any out on display and I had been wanting to look at one.  Asked the guy at the counter if they had any in stock and he looked under the counter and found one.  Really felt great, so I asked how much.  He checked the price and they had them on clearance for $90.88.  Told him I would take all he had.  He found 4 under the counter.  Felt like I was stealing them when I left the store.   ~c~

kadas

Quote from: gator178 on March 28, 2013, 07:04:08 AM
I have four of the Lew's TL1H reels.  They are great reels, light and very smooth.  I lucked out and got a great deal on them.  I was at my local Academy Sports.  They did not have any out on display and I had been wanting to look at one.  Asked the guy at the counter if they had any in stock and he looked under the counter and found one.  Really felt great, so I asked how much.  He checked the price and they had them on clearance for $90.88.  Told him I would take all he had.  He found 4 under the counter.  Felt like I was stealing them when I left the store.   ~c~
WOW--GREAT BUY---never run across great buys like that :( :(   congrats on a great buy! ~c~

Down4ttown

Quote from: gator178 on March 28, 2013, 07:04:08 AM
When was this! I may be going to ACADEMY on lunch!

gator178

Was back in January.  They had them on sale for Black Friday after Thanksgiving on the website for $149 and I almost ordered one then.  Was just on a whim I asked the guy at the counter if they had any and was amazed at the price.  I guess they were clearing them out since the new Team Pro and Team Gold models were replacing these.  Academy really marks stuff way down when they are ready to clear things out.

Down4ttown

Quote from: gator178 on March 28, 2013, 11:35:58 AM
Was back in January.  They had them on sale for Black Friday after Thanksgiving on the website for $149 and I almost ordered one then.  Was just on a whim I asked the guy at the counter if they had any and was amazed at the price.  I guess they were clearing them out since the new Team Pro and Team Gold models were replacing these.  Academy really marks stuff way down when they are ready to clear things out.
I called and they did not have any. I bought mine at the BF sale. It is a fantastic reel.