Seen a Lews I actually like

Started by LgMouthGambler, April 23, 2013, 08:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Came across a Lews Super Duty. Man it actually looks nice. I wonder how well they work? It seems to have some good reviews on TW. I didnt happen to see them listed on BTBBB.com. I wonder what Ron would sell them for if he got a hold of them. I might actually buy a Lews if I could find a good deal on one.

PS. Dont get the idea that there will be any conversion on my Shimano ways  ~shade

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Buzbait88

The superduty looks pretty nice.  I haven't handled one yet, but I've got a few other lews reels and love them all.  Can't imagine the superduty wouldn't be awesome.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

bassmaster3541

My lews Tournament Pro SMOKES my curado E in performance IMO
Pro Staff for Dobyns Rods, Elite Tungsten, and Buggs Jigs

West6550

Quote from: bassmaster3541 on April 23, 2013, 11:12:17 PM
My lews Tournament Pro SMOKES my curado E in performance IMO

I think some people assume they are cheap because they are so light. (Lew's TP is 1oz lighter than the Chronarch 200e and at the same $199) Heck the TP also has 4 more bearings and a carbon fiber handle.. I like Lew's as they feel more solid than a other reels I've tried, owned, or borrowed. The only problem I am having with my Tournament Pro is I switch from a Speed Spool or a PQ and flick a cast.. lol the bait ZOOMS out lol and I have to realize it cast like a beast lol

Goodluck LMG with a Super Duty. I got my Tournament Pro (retail $199) from a eBay store shipped for $128 brand new in box.

Pacific NW Ron

West, that's one good price on the tournament pro.  I don't blame you for that.  You got lucky with your ebay purchase.  I know what items cost a dealer and what ebay fees are and when I continually see items sold at less than dealer cost I suspect somethings not right!!   I don't sell or buy on ebay.  To much stolen and misrepresented stuff sold on there.  Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

LgMouthGambler

Im with you Ron, too much chance on the purchase from the unknown EBAY world.

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

West6550

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on April 24, 2013, 09:37:39 AM
West, that's one good price on the tournament pro.  I don't blame you for that.  You got lucky with your ebay purchase.  I know what items cost a dealer and what ebay fees are and when I continually see items sold at less than dealer cost I suspect somethings not right!!   I don't sell or buy on ebay.  To much stolen and misrepresented stuff sold on there.  Ron

I have bought a few reels from the same place now. It's a actual sporting goods store (smaller not huge company) that also sells products on eBay.. you for sure got to be careful though. I'm a government employee and gotta save cash where I can. Buying that reel off eBay was the difference in me owning it and buying a cheaper lower line reel. That company sells a reel and after it ends starts another right up. I watched two other TP's sell at $134 and $140 with free shipping. No clue how they sell them that cheap but they do on a continual basis.

Don't worry Ron your my Dobyns source one day when I get another! Not anytime soon though lol

arkman

I really like the Lews reels myself.

Even their "cheaper" ones are pretty sold reels imo.

Canesfan

Just got to use my Tournament MG yesterday that I got from Ron a few days ago. Very impressed.  Smooth as silk and casts a mile.  Great price alo.  Lews Reels Rock!  ~c~

bobsquatch13

I have a couple Lew's reels now. A TPISH, tournament pro and a TLIH Team Lews (red) and have to tell you they cast as well as anything I have thrown, including the Daiwa Steez. Not saying they are as good as the Steez but as to castability they are both great! And again very light too.

chadyp

Lews=supertuned revo

Keep the shimano

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: chadyp on May 07, 2013, 10:35:20 PM
Lews=supertuned revo

Keep the shimano
I will always have my Shimanos, just was thinking for a pitching reel since I cant get a Shimano with mag brakes, and I like mags for that purpose.

~cf

Gwamba

I have 2 Super Duty reels and they are better than I expected...Smooth and solid.

The BB1 is simply amazing! Nothing on the planet will match it in that price point!  :shocking:
Dobyns Rods   Piscifun Reels   Xcite Baits 
Rapala  Strike King

oldnslow50

Yes all the Lews models seem to be VERY solid all around! IMO! I own at least one of darn near every model and love them all! Yes I need help! ::) lol! Yes the BB1s do cast a mile!
   I dont own the lazer model so I cant include that one , But they are the best reels Ive used!

SenkoGuru

I now own a Team Lew's TL1H, a Lew's BB1 and 2 Lew's Tournament Pro. I bought the two Tournament Pro from Ebay, the same sporting goods store sold me both, I bought them for $132 and $136. It is VERY hard to buy them from other places when I can get them so cheap and brand new in box from Ebay with free shipping. I got the Team Lew as a gift from my wife and the BB1 from a store close by home and paid retail but after getting the two new in box for that price, I hate that my wife and I paid so much. I don't mind buying from Ebay for the price you can buy them, I've bought lot's of stuff from Ebay and only once did I get ripped off and it was covered by paypal and I was refunded the money. I bought a Rockford Fosgate Amp that was said to be new in box, when I got the amp it was used and fried.

I also feel that my Lew's are leaps and bounds above my Curado's and the Shimano's are still in use but when I'm fishing I use the Lew's A LOT more. They just feel and fish much better and feel like a much better reel IMO.
Megabass Orochi xx Rods / Daiwa Reels / Yamamoto Senko's / V & M /  Gamakatsu

Remember your life vest. It floats, you don't.

SenkoGuru

Quote from: chadyp on May 07, 2013, 10:35:20 PM
Lews=supertuned revo

Keep the shimano

HMMMFFFF....Then sir I must say something about Shimano Curado's

Curado E=um....hm....wait....I will think of something...oh yes........the curado E is a super tuned...........curado G so there.........

Just trying to be funny didn't really mean anything by it  lo  lo  lo
Megabass Orochi xx Rods / Daiwa Reels / Yamamoto Senko's / V & M /  Gamakatsu

Remember your life vest. It floats, you don't.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SenkoGuru on May 09, 2013, 11:52:04 AM

HMMMFFFF....Then sir I must say something about Shimano Curado's

Curado E=um....hm....wait....I will think of something...oh yes........the curado E is a super tuned...........curado G so there.........

Just trying to be funny didn't really mean anything buy it  lo  lo  lo
^this guy^  ::)

~cf

oldnslow50

Quote from: SenkoGuru on May 08, 2013, 07:15:12 PM
I now own a Team Lew's TL1H, a Lew's BB1 and 2 Lew's Tournament Pro. I bought the two Tournament Pro from Ebay, the same sporting goods store sold me both, I bought them for $132 and $136. It is VERY hard to buy them from other places when I can get them so cheap and brand new in box from Ebay with free shipping. I got the Team Lew as a gift from my wife and the BB1 from a store close by home and paid retail but after getting the two new in box for that price, I hate that my wife and I paid so much. I don't mind buying from Ebay for the price you can buy them, I've bought lot's of stuff from Ebay and only once did I get ripped off and it was covered by paypal and I was refunded the money. I bought a Rockford Fosgate Amp that was said to be new in box, when I got the amp it was used and fried.

I also feel that my Lew's are leaps and bounds above my Curado's and the Shimano's are still in use but when I'm fishing I use the Lew's A LOT more. They just feel and fish much better and feel like a much better reel IMO.

Probably the same dealer I got most of mine from!  You couldnt believe the deals I got on ebay! :o

78Staff

I have several TP's, sold all my Chronarch E's once I tried the Lews.  Would love to get a Super Duty to go on my Rig/Punching Rod, but waiting to see if they are going to offer a LH version.  The SD looks very similar to the Tournament MG, other than brass gearing and one bb, so I may just go that route if no LH SD is in the works.  I need to call Rick at lews and find out...

But, my next purchase will be a BB1L for my 765CB Glass   ~c~

Down4ttown

The best lew's I have tried is the team lews speed spool (red). Looks great and is silky smooth. Love that bad ass!

78Staff

yeah the Team Lews is incredible...but only in RH for now. :(.

I asked lews about the Super Duty, should be available in LH early fall 2013...

beast96z

I was die hard Shimano for many years. Almost all Lew's and Revo now. I had no hard feelings letting the Shimano's go. Never had a problem, but I get better performance out of the Lew's.