In honor of RockChalk and LMG, Holy Grail Reels...

Started by Down4ttown, April 19, 2017, 08:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 20, 2017, 10:34:34 PM
I won't say exact, but I will say I didn't pay over 250 for any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did very well then. Reputable dealer off ebay?
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Down4ttown

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 21, 2017, 06:51:36 AM
You did very well then. Reputable dealer off ebay?
TackleTour. Just happened upon a post for the PX type R. Guy sent me some pics with the dreams in the background and I said how much for all.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 21, 2017, 10:36:54 AM
TackleTour. Just happened upon a post for the PX type R. Guy sent me some pics with the dreams in the background and I said how much for all.

Ah. That guy. Saw them.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Down4ttown

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 21, 2017, 10:51:47 AM
Ah. That guy. Saw them.
Yep. I guess I just got lucky. They seem flawless.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 21, 2017, 10:52:26 AM

Amazing. Again, great score. You got some really good Daiwas in your possession that are only going to gain value.  ~c~

Down4ttown

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 21, 2017, 10:52:26 AM

I was thinking about the holy grail again. Still need a Daiwa Z.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 21, 2017, 10:56:06 AM
I was thinking about the holy grail again. Still need a Daiwa Z.

Z2020?

<")))>{

Down4ttown

LgMouthGambler

I eyed one myself. Then i held one. Too big for my small hands

<")))>{

Down4ttown

Like how big? Let's say compared to a Calcutta 200?

LgMouthGambler

They are long and tall. Kind of like B series Curado and new Metanium morphed together

<")))>{

Down4ttown

Yea maybe I need to hold one. I was thinking for bigger swimbaits and A Rigs but again they don't call them holy grail reels for nothing.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 21, 2017, 11:12:09 AM
Yea maybe I need to hold one. I was thinking for bigger swimbaits and A Rigs but again they don't call them holy grail reels for nothing.

Just use one of the J Dreams. Lol

<")))>{

Down4ttown

Yea good point. So what's the main difference in the type R and J dream?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 21, 2017, 11:14:16 AM
Yea good point. So what's the main difference in the type R and J dream?

Spool for one. J Dream/IP spool is a wild animal. Lol. Very light, very fast. Take both and put them in your hands and see the difference, its crazy. The driveshaft is lighter on the J as its similar to the Steez in design. Other than that, its just paint, frame designs, and quality of the bearings really.

<")))>{

Down4ttown

Not gonna lie to you, the Zillion is my favorite reel. I love the frame and everything about it. These newer reels are nice but that Zillion is perfect for me.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 21, 2017, 11:20:51 AM
Not gonna lie to you, the Zillion is my favorite reel. I love the frame and everything about it. These newer reels are nice but that Zillion is perfect for me.

Yeah. Thats next on my list. A mint Type R for the shelf. Lol. I bought the 2 off the guy on BBC that were rough, but I only got them for parts and to sell off the frames to a guy that custom paints reels. I basically made money off them, and got free parts for repairing reels. Lol

<")))>{

FISH520

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 21, 2017, 11:20:51 AM

TDs 4 LIFE  crap i need more than the 2 i have

Down4ttown

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 21, 2017, 11:22:59 AM
Yeah. Thats next on my list. A mint Type R for the shelf. Lol. I bought the 2 off the guy on BBC that were rough, but I only got them for parts and to sell off the frames to a guy that custom paints reels. I basically made money off them, and got free parts for repairing reels. Lol

<")))>{
I bought mine for 300 about 3 years ago from HI's tackle. I got a buddy that goes to Japan often. I can only imagine what he could pick up.

rockchalk06

rockchalk06

Quote from: Down4ttown on April 20, 2017, 08:37:15 PM

Damn man. That might make me want to cross over to the dark side again.