Anti Reverse Problem

Started by Mike Cork, November 01, 2004, 07:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

ConnieK, I have a shimano curado that the anti reverse seems to not engage at times. When using a heavier bait like a spinner bait there are times when the anti reverse will not engage. Say I pick my rod up and swing it around to make a cast the bait will sling out as the reel back winds. It doesn't do it every time and I never notice it when I am casting as I have the reel disengaged and my thumb on the spool.

I guess my question is, the only thing that can cause this is the anti reverse bearing just under the handle, correct? and if so can I just replace that bearing? I know you have spare parts, if that is the fix do you have one?

Thanks

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

conniek

sounds like IAR to me. Yep, we got 'em. Send me your mailing addy and we'll just get you all fixed up. conniek  JUst be sure when yo install it, to have lettering facing handle or otherwise you'll have yourself a left hander. lo
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

Mike Cork

Would cleaning it and a re-lube job help matters?

Cork's Reel Service

conniek

Mike, we clean our IAR with cotton swabs. no grease or oil on the little fingrers of the IAR. It is the clutch tube that sits inside the IAR that gets a tad bit of oil/grs mx applied to outside of it.
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

Mike Cork

Just wanted to thank Connie for sending me the new IAR, I stuck it right in but forgot to lube it  :( the first cast made the most horrible sound I have every heard  :o I got my lube out and took care of it, and by replacing that one piece it feels like a new reel. I don't know if the IAR helped snug things back up but she is humming like new again.

I wonder if that will help another reel I have that is very loose?

Cork's Reel Service

conniek

good for you mIke. We don't lube the IAR, just the outside of the  tube that fits inside it. As for tightening up the reel, the IAR  stops the handle from turning backward. Be sure the tube inside is seated properly.
Glad I have been a help. conniek