More New Lures!!

Started by BassmanRudy, February 11, 2023, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

Bait monkey has been active lately LOL!! Don't tell the wifey!

So placed an order with Luck-E-Strike after seeing a bait called the "Mimic Impersonator" on the Jimmy Houston show. Jimmy is by far my favorite fisherman and the first I had autograph something! The bait allows you to slide an insert into the middle of the lure and change colors up quickly without retying. Lots and lots of options to choose from too. It's a shallow runner (based on the lip size) so should work great in the pond on base.

Also while on the site also noticed the rattlin/walkin frogs/Shads that had different tail sections to choose from. So added some of those to try from the tiny ones to the massive Super Bigfoot frog!

Luck-E-Strike sure hooked me up as well with way more lures and inserts than I remember ordering!! I've yet to get ahold of them to make sure they are OK with that but WOW I'm sure happy to have em! Attached a few pics of all the goodies and I'll give reports as I use em.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Smallie_Stalker

Nice! Looking forward to the reports.

I like the idea of the inserts to change colors.

I can't remember the company but somewhere I have a kit with a clear spook style lure that has different colored overlays that you put on the outside of the lure to change colors. You didn't even have to cut the lure off to change colors which I thought was pretty cool.

Like so many other things, I never got around to even opening the package so I really can't say how well the system worked. But I've always liked the concept of a simple way to change a lure's finish quickly without retying.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

Ole Brent Glover (upside down Brent here on the site) came to me about 10 years ago with an idea about something similar to this crankbait... He should have moved on it  :surrender:

They all look great,  keep us posted. I've always like Luck-E-Strike as a company, cool new stuff and they always supported Bass Life very well.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Tks for sharing the pictures with us.  Congrats on the purchase.  Looking forward to your fishing reports also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard