Daiwa Fuego CT or Tatula CT?

Started by Blacknredflake, March 02, 2018, 05:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacknredflake

Now i cant decide which reel to put on my Dobyns Fury 735c.

Thoughts and opinions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

zippyduck

What are you using it for?

Jigs and heavy weeds go with the Tatula.
Open water the Fuego will work fine.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Blacknredflake

Quote from: zippyduck on March 02, 2018, 05:44:31 PM
What are you using it for?

Jigs and heavy weeds go with the Tatula.
Open water the Fuego will work fine.
Little bit of all... jigs, frogs, flippin, c rig

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

zippyduck

I would go with the Tatula then. Going cheaper in the slop will tear up a reel.
I would go with the best you can afford with frogs and slop.

Blacknredflake

Quote from: zippyduck on March 02, 2018, 05:49:51 PM
I would go with the Tatula then. Going cheaper in the slop will tear up a reel.
I would go with the best you can afford with frogs and slop.
Sounds good for me. I know a UB vendor that has them on sale and I must take advantage!

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

LgMouthGambler

My man, they are the same exact reel. One uses the T Wing, which I dont care for unless you are gonna throw 20lb flouro or something like that. I personally would get the Fuego. Take the money you save on the reel and get some better spool bearings, and a levelwind bearing upgrade.

<")))>{
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

zippyduck

I had no idea that was the only difference.
My bad so the price difference is just the T-wing. Huh
Then I would go for the Fuego as the T-wing has not impressed me either.

Fun4me

I have the tatula ct and the t-wing is horrible for leader knots. Does anyone know if it's a direct swap to put the fuego line wind (with the hole) in place of the t-wing?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Fun4me on March 02, 2018, 07:28:34 PM
I have the tatula ct and the t-wing is horrible for leader knots. Does anyone know if it's a direct swap to put the fuego line wind (with the hole) in place of the t-wing?
Havent tried it yet. As cheap as the Fuego is, you might as well buy the actual reel by the time all the fees are done with the labor.

<")))>{
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Fun4me

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 02, 2018, 07:31:03 PM
Havent tried it yet. As cheap as the Fuego is, you might as well buy the actual reel by the time all the fees are done with the labor.

<")))>{

I would do it myself. if the actual level wind is the same, I could just disconnect the bar that moves the t-wing, or so i'm thinking. 

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Fun4me on March 02, 2018, 07:50:00 PM
I would do it myself. if the actual level wind is the same, I could just disconnect the bar that moves the t-wing, or so i'm thinking.
Not quite

<")))>{

Blacknredflake

Went ahead and bpught that Tatula CT 7:3:1 from monster fishing :)

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

zippyduck

Let us know how you like it. I like mine but really love the Tatula svtw which is close to the same but with an SV spool.

Fun4me

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 02, 2018, 08:03:34 PM
Not quite

<")))>{

Yeah, I think you are right. I imagine disconnecting the bar for the t-wing would only make it rotate whenever it wanted. Oh well. 

RuddyDuck

I just bought a Fuego CT last night at Cabelas for $60. They are $69.99, plus if you bring in an old reel, you got another $10 off. I got a new reel and some kid will get an old, but trusty Zebco 33 to use!

At first glance it seems like a nice reel for the money. I'm going to use it for jigs and t-rigs. I did notice it has 6 bearings and the Tatula CT has 8, but if the 2 extra are in the handle, then I figured it's not a big deal.

Anyone now where the extra bearings are in the Tat CT?  ~fff
Dan

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: RuddyDuck on March 09, 2018, 07:56:21 AM
I just bought a Fuego CT last night at Cabelas for $60. They are $69.99, plus if you bring in an old reel, you got another $10 off. I got a new reel and some kid will get an old, but trusty Zebco 33 to use!

At first glance it seems like a nice reel for the money. I'm going to use it for jigs and t-rigs. I did notice it has 6 bearings and the Tatula CT has 8, but if the 2 extra are in the handle, then I figured it's not a big deal.

Anyone now where the extra bearings are in the Tat CT?  ~fff

In the knobs.

You can add 2 more bearings to the knobs, and also 2 to the levelwind. Im currently in the process of doing this to someones Tat SV.

LgMouthGambler

And just yall know, I do have a Fuego CT on the way to me to play with.  lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 09, 2018, 12:51:57 PM
And just yall know, I do have a Fuego CT on the way to me to play with.  lo

Speaking of, I ordered Wednesday, and it just showed up!  ~c~