Daiwa Viento issue

Started by Bassinkorea, April 13, 2009, 08:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

I recently bought a Diawa Viento and I really love the reel. I have used it several times with no problems, but yesterday when fishing in a club tournament the twitching bar stopped working  ~xyz ~xyz
When I looked in the side plate, I found that the twitching bar return spring had snapped  :shocking:  Is this a normal thing with these reels??

Anyway, I need to get in touch with Diawa about getting some replacement springs, does anyone know the best way to contact Diawa??

Thanks for any help  :help:

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Mike Cork

Now that the reels have been out a while, I am starting to hear more and more issues with the twitching bar system. However if it's just the spring, that's an easy fix and is normally very cheap. Shimano would send such items free, not sure about daiwa.

Daiwa's customer service number in the states is 1 800 736 4653 I don't know what that will cost you from Korea?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Mike on April 13, 2009, 09:01:52 AM
Now that the reels have been out a while, I am starting to hear more and more issues with the twitching bar system. However if it's just the spring, that's an easy fix and is normally very cheap. Shimano would send such items free, not sure about daiwa.

Daiwa's customer service number in the states is 1 800 736 4653 I don't know what that will cost you from Korea?

It may be better for me to email them  lo lo

Dug

http://www.daiwaseiko.co.jp/inform/english/index.html  is the Japanese website.  Don't know if they can help you there   If you want Steve I can call them, get the part and mail it to you.

Doug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

-Joe-

BK, I have one of the Viente and two of the Megaforce. I had broke the springs in the megaforce a few times since having them. The Viente has had no issues as of yet and have been using it religiously for about a year now. Diawa sent me the springs for the Megaforce with no problems and no charges. It was a pretty easy fix. I would think they will hook you up.

-Joe-

Bassinkorea

Joe, I also have a Megaforce and have been using that for over 12 months with no spring problems  :-\  funny how things work  ::)

Dug, that is an awesome offer, thank you  ~c~  I will try the Japanese website first though and see how it goes.

Dug

Just let me know Steve.  Glad to be of help.  Here is the schematic, just let me know the part number.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Bassinkorea

Update;

I got some replacement springs for my Viento and got them fitted and everything was great.
I have been fishing several times since and the springs are breaking after 1 or 2 fishing trips. Would applying grease to the springs make them last longer or are these new springs just rated for so many hours of "Twitching"??

bigjim5589

BK, if those springs are true spring steel, then chances are it's a problem with the springs themselves. Grease won't help it. Likely just a bad batch of springs.

I have a Viento too, but have not yet had any issues with it, but then I haven't used it much either.  ::)  lo

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.