Nick Barr's Resume

Started by Nick_Barr, January 31, 2006, 07:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick_Barr

Nick Barr                                                                             
Address not on for Security Reasons
(360) 485-9462

Hi, My name is Nick Barr and I reside in Lacey, Washington and am a Honor Roll 8th Grader (14 Years Old)  at Komachin Middle School and currently pursuing a career in professional bass fishing.

I am inquiring about a Staff position with Lamiglas Rods.

Bio- I was born August 4th, 1991 in Olympia, Washington. I lived and grew up outside of Tenino, Washington on the shores of McIntosh Lake. During my time there I learned basic fishing skills. Now I live in Lacey, which is surrounded by 4 great bass lakes. My family has no history of fishing and I have taught myself the art of bass fishing with the help of other Capital City Bass Club members. I have seriously been bass fishing for 2 years now and started fishing tournaments this year with good success. I fish as many tournaments as I can and fish at least 3 times a week. I fish as a Non-Boater in tournaments, which I think is a great advertising opportunity, and in my free time I fish out of a 12-foot aluminum boat, which I recently converted to a bass boat and put a 5 horse motor on the back. I joined the Capital City Bass Club a year ago and I am the founder and president of the Capital City JR. Bass Club. All my fishing is currently paid for out of my paper route money.

I am proudly sponsored by Lamiglas Rods in Woodland, WA. Outdoor Emporium in Seattle, WA. McCoy Fishing Line out of Lake Havasu City, AZ.  FishHedz from Middletown, CA. KGM Baits in Federal Way, WA. Quickdrops Dropshot Sinkers from Stillecoom, WA. And Ghost Baits from Voldasta, GA.

One thing I feel that is essential for me to work with any sponsor is the absolute belief in your product. Product knowledge is paramount to my success both on the water and representing your company.

I can confidently provide Promotion, Professionalism, Product Ideas, Enthusiasm, and Representation of what Lamiglas is all about. I truly know that I will be an asset to Lamiglas Rods and its Fishing Team. I have an extensive background in marketing and advertising, as my mother is the marketing teacher at Timberline High School, which I will be attending in 2007. Also, my father was a marketing teacher for 11 years. On my own I have studied marketing and last year took a test on these skills and finished 8th in the state. I also believe that a paramount to my success is community involvement, I do community service projects monthly and help plan ramp clean-ups and help out underprivileged youth. I am outgoing and confident in my public speaking ability and skill to move product. I often travel to state tournaments, Sportsman's Shows, and many other outdoor oriented events. I do all these things while I proudly wear and promote my sponsors proudly. 

Memberships:
FLW Outdoors
North American Fishing Club
Bass Anglers Sportsman Society
B.A.S.S. Youth
Capital City Bass Club
President, Capital City Jr. Bass Club
Washington Bass Federation
Several Internet Bass fishing Forums Including 2 with over 2,500 members

Interests: Fishing, Football, Wrestling, Bow Hunting

Staff Positions:
Lamiglas Rods
McCoy Fishing Line
Outdoor Emporium
Quickdrops Dropshot Sinkers
KGM Baits
Ghost Baits
FishHedz- Associate Staff

References:
Regional Pro Bass Fisherman and Quickdrops Owner, Marc Marcantonio 253-312-9661
WA Bass Federation Conservation director, Mark Byrne
Ghost Baits Owner, Jim O'Connor 229-251-3067
George Pentland, Qcove Marketing 206-2323-5408
Mike Coombs, Owner of Outdoor Emporium 206-624-6550
KGM Owner, Ken Brainerd 253-951-3944
The Matthews Company, Bill Matthews 360-834-1607

Tournament Trails:
Capital City Bass Club Trail
Capital City Jr. Bass Club Trail
3-8 Local Open Tournaments per year
(Qualified) 2006 Washington Bass Federation State Qualifiers
Washington Bass Federation Jr. Trail
NW Bass

Finishes/Awards 2005:
3rd Place Duck Lake CCBC
Big Fish 5-4/ 4th Place Riffe Lake CCBC
3, 5th Place Finishes CCBC
2nd Place WA Bass Federation Jr. Bassmasters Westside qualifier at Lake Sammamish
5th Place WA Bass Federation Jr. Bassmasters state Championship 2005 at Banks Lake
8th place WA Bass Federation Jamboree 11-15 age group at Banks Lake
5th Place Support our troops Tournament CCBC at Silver lake
5th Place WA State Jr. Bassmasters State Championship 2005-06 At Potholes Reservoir
Jr. Angler Of the Year CCBC
3rd place AOY Point Standings CCBC
Biggest Smallmouth of the Year, 5lbs. 4oz, CCBC

I hope that you consider me for a spot on the Lamiglas Fishing Team. I look forward working with Lamiglas Rods and promoting your Company.

Thanks,

Nick Barr
President, Capital City Jr. Bass Club