Mark Toth resume'

Started by Fishaholic, April 04, 2005, 10:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishaholic

Mark Toth, aka Fishaholic - 05/07/1949

"When I believe in a product I promote it with all my heart, to everyone I come in contact with..."

Beneficial Qualifications:Although I'm primarily a shore-bound fisherman, I fish a lot of different water, and a lot of different situations where boaters wouldn't come in contact with other fishermen. My fishing range runs from the Great Lakes throughout Indiana, parts of Illinois, Michigan & Ohio.

A large group of the buying public comes from people like myself who walk and fish the banks of lakes, streams and rivers...when a shore fisherman is catching fish, everyone on shore wants to know what particular bait was used, what color, size, etc...who made the bait, where to get one, etc. Shore fishermen have a tendency to communicate these things to each other on a regular basis. You're probably asking yourself "why would a shore fisherman be of benefit to me?" the answer is pretty simple, shore fishermen purchase a lot of tackle simply because when they get snagged in the timber, or on the bottom structure they have no recourse but to break the line off and buy another bait! So, in a lot of ways, some shore fishermen buy even more tackle than a lot of boaters.

I like to talk to other fishermen, and I'm more than happy to promote products that catch fish - not only telling them how much I like the products, but telling them where to get them, how to use them and any other tricks or tips that would enhance their fishing experience.

I can honestly tell you that when I recommend baits to fishermen, they'll be right back on the water the next day using the baits I told them about...if not the same day I tell them!
I feel I can represent you the way I represent myself with steadfast confidence and commitment.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

My beginnings:
Blame my dad, I started fishing around 1958 with my first artificial, a Johnson Silver Minnow and a primitive Shakespeare closed face spinning reel and have been dedicated to all forms of fishing with artificials ever since. I try to consistently get on the water between 150 - 200 times a year, every year.

I fish baitcasting, spinning, super ultralite and flyfishing gear

Employment: Self-employed, Owner/Operator Studio 183, a graphic design firm specializing in logo development, brochures, collateral promotional literature and POP.

History: High School Graduate, Attended Purdue University, St. Joseph's College of Calumet and the Art Institute of Chicago. Aprenticed with a graphic design firm for 6 years to become a full-fledged graphic designer.

As a fine artist I've been in art exhibitions all over the Midwest and currently have works in collections throughout the Continental United States and Italy. I have participated in numerous competitions throughout the Midwest and taken awards in the majority of them.

Have worked as a liaison between Tri City Community Mental Health Association and battered children; have worked with the Hammond Optimist Club in the capacity of lake management, fundraising, and youth projects; worked with one of the largest coffee houses in the country devoted to raising funds for the poor and disabled sectors of the community; was a member of the first print coop in the country; past board member of the March of Dimes.

Happily married for 13 years to Lura, who is also an artist/writer. My daughter, Cortney was married this past year. Rest of household consists of Frango, my chocolate lab and Taquito, my calico who keeps Frango in line.