2004: Adult Club Tournament Opens

2005: President of Western Kentucky Jr. Bassmaster Chapter

2005: 5th Place in Jr. KBF Qualifier Tournament at Rough River

2005: 2nd Place in Jr. KBF Qualifier Tournament at Cave Run

2005: 4th Place in Jr. KBF Qualifier Tournament at Barkley Lake

2005: Big Fish Finish in Jr. KBF Qualifier Tournament at Barkley Lake

2005: 3rd Place Angler Of the Year ~ State of Kentucky

WHY?

Growing up in Western KY, I have been fortunate to have the Kentucky and Barkley Lakes to my availability.  Two great fisheries, known for their abilities to produce HUGE limits.  I started fishing in tournaments heavily when I was 15, but already had some experience in fishing the adult tournament, I knew what I was up against and stood ready to take the blow, entering into the world of competitive bass fishing.  In fishing with the Western KY Jr. Bassmasters, I have learned a lot.  Starting with no teachers, and little help, I quickly was able to climb from last, to the high end of the food chain.  Since I do live a pretty good drive from the lakes, I have learned to spend at least a little of every day, in a farm pond or cattle pond, to learn new and develop my prior fishing techniques.  This, I believe, has been the major key to my success.  After witnessing my rise to the top, some companies have already taken the opportunity to enlist me as a company member. 

I have learned not to become comfortable sitting near the top.  I have witnessed many people take the plunge after becoming comfortable with their position, and mentally becoming cocky.  For all of my sponsors, I wear their logos, and promote them in anyway I can, whether it be suggesting their product in a Forum, standing in a Wal-mart isle telling my success stories to other fisherman, or speaking on stage after a tournament. I definitely try my best to make my sponsors happy by using what I have available.  If you would like more information you can email me at

What?

1.  I don't ask for money to help me with my tournaments.
2.  I look for new and old products to try, and the ability to be able to contact my sponsorer to review and comment on their product(s).

Thank You

-Wil Houchens