My Monster MO "Smallmouth"

Started by D.W. Verts, October 10, 2023, 10:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Captsteve

Nice one

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

D.W. Verts

Donald Garner

Nice looking fish there buddy  ;)   You catch that over on Truman?

I hooked into one of those over on Belton Lake once.  Put up a heck of fight.  I had it hooked in the tail with a Bandit Crankbait.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bigjim5589

Dale, nice catch there!  ~c~

I've heard of others catching them on lures while fishing for bass.

That's a fish that I've never caught, and not sure that I've fished anywhere they existed.  :-\

Have you ever tried eating them? Their saltwater cousins are tasty as long as they're not too big.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

caddyjoe77

i usually catch them this time of year.  the smallmouth that has a rock in their head and plays music  lo
BeerMe

D.W. Verts

I (we) catch a LOT of drum here in MO, especially in the spring and fall. This one is not really all that large either, but it got my attention.

It came while pre-fishing on LOZ Donald.

They can be eaten. A bunch of us were guiding IMPORTANT people out of the Lodge of the Four Seasons on LOZ once, and the chef told us if we caught any drum to bring them in. We took him at his word, and he made them look and taste pretty much just like lobster. No foolin'.

Also, I had a solid keeper and about a six-pound bas sin the same area as this fish. Freshwater Drum eat the same stuff as bass and frequent the same areas. Something to think about.

Dale