Ohio State Bass Fishing Information

Started by MotherNature, January 31, 2005, 09:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wareagle71

Just a quick side note away from fishing...

GOOD LUCK OHIO BOBCATS!
BEATFLORIDA

WAR

OHbassaholic

wareagle71

Good decision Laurie.  That cleaned the board up a lot.  But be assured there will be someone who puts Ohio talk that is not a report in the other area.  Have patience.  It could be me... you know what I'm sayin?

:roll2:

WAR

Bman

War, wear did all that stuff get moved to or is it gone.
                                                       Bman

MotherNature

Bman it is all still here ;)

Just seemed like there was a lot of state talk that was going on in the fishing reports area so we just created a new forum for you all to talk about the happenings that are going on in your state.

If you go to the fishing reports board and look at the top you will see two sub boards of that area and one of them is the Ohio State Fishing Forum... there is even a little description that tells you about the board. That is where we put the other info.

i think that you have an option in your profile that allows you to turn off the sub boards from showing except on the main page and if that is off you may not see them but I assure you we didn't get rid of anything. I am a pack rat... I keep it all... Even the posts that might think have been deleted, they are stored in a secret hiding place so that everyone can keep their post count ;)

Edit - I just checked and there is a preferance in your profile that will turn them off so you may not see them....

Show board descriptions inside boards. 
Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first. 

If these are checked you will see the description and the board but if they are off you will not ;)

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

Bman

Thanks Laurie,  I will have to check that out.  Later got to  go it 63degrees.
                                 BMAN

Coonhound

Hey Bman, do you fish on WPAFB at all?

I just moved to Beavercreek recently, and i can't find any local holes to get a lure wet in.
Matt
"People sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" Credited to George Orwell
Nervous B's Custom Hand Pours
Pics of Fish

Bman

Use to fish on base all the time,  after Sept 11 that change.  They don't allow contractors use of the lake.  I did fish there last year with good friend, caught some hogs.  As far as around Beavercreek,  Eastwood Lake on rt4 and Harshmen this lake is hot the first week in May.  You should stock up on green pumkin Sqworm Stix.   Green pumpkin is a hot color for me around here.  Are you bank or boat.  There is all kinds of places to go.  You need to be more specific on what you are looking for to fish.   I live close to the Nutter center.
                                                    Bman

Coonhound

No kidding! I live right behind Best Buy, off North Fairfield.

I've got a boat, but most of the stuff i do around here will be bank. Can you put a boat in Eastwood?

I'm on active duty with the Ohio Army National Guard, so getting on base isn't a problem. We'll have have to hook up and go stick some of those hawgs when the water warms up a bit more!
Matt
"People sleep peaceably in their bed at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" Credited to George Orwell
Pics of Fish

Bman

Coonhound,
If it wasn't for the highway  we would be neighbors.  Eastwood has a good ramp.  Bass Lake as an ok ramp but alot of loose gravel need a 4x4.  ABA Director for district 86 took me out there last year lots of 6lb.  Talked to him about a week ago said they were catching good size crappie right off of dock.  I might try Eastwood this weekend water was 41degrees, last Tues but with this warm spell this week might be able catch one or two.  I will PM you later in the week.  Do to bass lake location I shouldn't give you the hole skinny on the lake over the net.  I cut my teeth on that lake in the 80's.  I now you probably have crappy hours but we  will hook up.  Eastwood is best in a boat, I have a boat too.  There are good lakes with 45minutes,  real good lakes within 1 1/2.
                              Bman

Coonhound

Outstanding! Can you still get on base? If not, i don't see why i couldn't get you on with me. I've had my girlfriend on base with me in the common areas...are the "range" parts of base different?

I'd really appreciate a "guided" tour of Bass lake and whatever else WPAFB has to offer. I've been out there in the Prime Beef area training...but never playing.

I look forward to the PM and getting more intel!  ;) Thanks!
Matt
Pics of Fish

wareagle71

Bman, you got a skirt?  Maybe you can be his new girlfriend.   ;)  Don't ask, don't tell.   Just kidding guys.

Although I am really hurt that I haven't been included in all the Base talk.  I have a buddy that is the Navy and has duty over there every other weekend I guess.  I have met him for Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers, the name says it all really.  But I am gonna have to make him take me fishing huh?

WAR

Coonhound

Ah...gotta love CB&C's! ;D

Once i get a handle on things, you're more than welcome to come over, War. That is...if you won't laugh too hard about my girlfriend kickin' my butt all over the lake.  ::)  lo
Matt
Pics of Fish

Bman

War,
Next time you should invite us that is right around the corner.  If you were by Wright State.
                                                         Bman

wareagle71

Actually when I get in that area, I stop at Quaker Steak and Lube.  I talked to my Navy buddy, and he has reserves there this weekend.  I cannot get over there this weekend, but I feel a little side group outing in the works  Eh? Eh?

WAR

Bman

Coonhound,
Guided is a strong word,  make shure you let the fish now before we get there that way they will now to bite our baits.  Checking the weather for the weekend,  will probably be at Eastwood.   Should have an updated pass on Monday.
                                                                              Bman

Coonhound

lo I hear ya, Bman. At least it's getting warmer! Give it a few more weeks and they'll take that padlock off thier lips.

I've got duty this weekend, and next weekend (9-10 APR) are my only days off in April. Not sure if the little lady will look highly on me dissapearing those days too. We'll have to set up an evening or something in the near future.

We just spent the evening tonight cleaning up the boat. I had it stored in a buddy's barn up north of Greenville. He hauled it to the armory for me this morning, then i pulled it home tonight. It's going to take a few more days of elbow grease before it's really ready to use. Got it on the charger right now. Taking it down to Deaton's Marine in Franklin to store it tomorrow night. Hopefully we'll be able to work on it that 9-10 weekend and get it really ready to use...so that when the tournaments start on Ceasers the second Tuesday in April we might be ready to go.
Matt
Pics of Fish

Bman

The base lake is still cold. Is deatons doing an open tourney this month?  You better use those weekend wisely, or you won't get to go out anymore.  I may try Ceaser instead it is hard to chose only have about 4 hours Sunday morning I can go out.
                                               Bman

Coonhound

I went down there today, and they didn't say anything about one. They were just talking about how they're going to all get off work early enough to make mom and dad's Tuesday night tournaments.  lo

Matt
Pics of Fish

Bman

Is that the Armco one or is that on thurs.  I never have try to get in on the Ceaser pot tourneys.  The Wednesday ones on CJ Brown is the one I try to hit they start next week.  I have left there with a fat wallet once or twice well maybe more than that over the years.  Do you fish the Tuesday nighters.  That is alot of lake for a weeknight night tourney.  The cajun 160with a 90marnier gets run over by those big 225 and 250s. The 15" limit can bite you hard there too.  I always said if I get 5 keepers and have to cull.  Its time to goto the next level.  Wil you now the water temp tonight?
                                                              Bman

Coonhound

I'm sorry, i don't know what the water temp is like down there yet. I'd imagine it's not skinny-dippin' temperature yet.  lo

Their tourny is a tuesday night "club" deal. Generally between 30 and 40 boats, and they've been running for five or six years. In all that time, i've never heard of anyone having to cull, so i don't think that will be an issue.  lo You're right though, the 15" limit is a pain. They catch quite a few that fall at 14 3/4. Last spring was the best year they've had in quite a few years though. Lots of good fish.

I've fished it in the past, generally out of someone else's boat. I didn't fish it at all last year, due to work conflicts. It's a great group of guys though. I think they blast off at 1630 or 1700, and they fish till a set time just prior to dusk. Most of those guys get to the ramp at about 1400, just so they can stand around and shoot the bull.  lo

I know there's a seperate one on Thursdays, but i don't know if it's affiliated with anything. And yeah...it is a pretty good sized lake, but your boat should do just fine. That's about what i'll be running this year, and to tell you the truth...most of the areas that produce well are within a ten minute boat run from the dock.
Matt
Pics of Fish

Bman

I fished behind Wellmen,cove by dam, last year in May best day ever had there until it took 1hour to get my boat out of water.  Since the I fish north end by camping are and Andersen Fork.  I will be busting out the black light over there for shure this year.  Are you running a Triton?  The Cajun does real well just doesn't have the storage.  I been in some rough water with it some 4 and 5 footers always got me back to the ramp.  The wind blows it around  being small and light when fishing.  I bought it till  I can make a desion on the big purchase.  All those nice boats out now it makes it hard to choose.  So I'm go to wear this one out first.  What is the name of there club?
                       Bman

Coonhound

Yeah, i hear a lot of guys have really, really good luck at night. Crappie do really well at night, too.

I don't have a Triton...yet. My dad does though. Very nice boat. For now, i've got an '87 Procraft with a 120 Johnson. Not a bad little boat either...for a "learner" first boat. lo We had a Skeeter when i was young, and i like the new ones. Either a Skeeter or a Triton is in my future. Like you, I have a hard time choosing. ;D

We fish Flat Fork and Jonas quite a bit. That's up there by the sailboat camping area. I like to run up the creek, but like you said earlier, there's only so many hours in a day.

I don't think they really have a name for the club. I don't think it's quite that organized. lo They just refer to it as 'the Tuesday night tournament.' lo
Matt
Pics of Fish

Bman

I would like to know the water temp on Lake Erie East Harbor.  Can anyone help me out?
                                     Bman

OHbassaholic

I haven't been able to find any info for you so far, Bman.  I'll try again after work today...