G-Finesse Hybrid Gamakatsu Worm Hook

Started by Capt. BassinLou, February 18, 2024, 01:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

With all the hook discussions going on lately, I picked a couple of packs of the G- Finesse Hybrid Shape worm hook from Gamakatsu.

Looking at the hook closely, you can see how it resembles both a standard worm hook and an EWG hook.

I'm looking forward to trying it soon.

Stay tuned. ;)

fishingram24

Been my go to hook for the past couple of years. Seems to give me a good hook up to land ratio
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Capt. BassinLou

Hmmm,,  I'm liking this hook a lot. Went over to my lab (the neighborhood canal) and went 4 for 5. Solid hookups.

J.W.

Looked for these in BPS the other day and they didn't have any. Trying to work up the courage to try them after the bad experience we had with the G-Finesse stinger hooks.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: J.W. on February 20, 2024, 09:10:09 AMLooked for these in BPS the other day and they didn't have any. Trying to work up the courage to try them after the bad experience we had with the G-Finesse stinger hooks.

I ordered them on-line from BPS.

Hobious

the Owner Haymaker in 3/0 and 4/0  are non existent.  totally sold out, and for good reason. 

it is the fish stickingest hook ever.  more prone to snags as well, but dang that is a good hook. 

chrisD46

Great choice !! ... As long as the circumference / thickness of the worm or soft plastic is not too much - these Gammy G-Finesse Hybrid Hooks work the best ! They provide more hook point to hook eye gap width than a traditional EWG hook AND they are easier to rig than a offset round bend hook . *I will mention thought that they run about a full size larger than Gammy traditional EWG hooks - so if you used a EWG 4/0 hook before , try a G-Finesse Hybrid hook in the 3/0 size ... Great post Capt. Lou - two thumbs up !!

Capt. BassinLou

Tx! The more I fish with this hook, the more I like them.

chrisD46

Based on pictures posted , I would now put the G Finesse Hybrid Hooks at approx. a half size larger than the Gammy EWG hook in the same size .