UltimateBass Home Front Activities March 2024

Started by Donald Garner, March 01, 2024, 09:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Beautiful start to the new month of March.  We have mostly sunny skies with forecasted temps of 47-71dgrs with 79%humidity with a NE wind @ 2 mphs  ~sun   The week ahead is looking bright and sunny there is a chance of rain on Thursday though.

Today is laundry day the washer and dryer is fired up and working hard.  There is nothing else planned for today except tinkering around on the computer and watching tv. 

I hope everyone has a really pleasant day and evening ahead today.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Getting ready to head to the lanes today.  Current temp is 61 with rain starting to move in in an hour or so.  Heavy rain expected late afternoon into the evening.  Weekend shaping up to be reasonable but not all that warm.  Pollen continues to build in out area and my expedition is covered this morning but the rain should wash it all away.  Some trees are blooming but most are showing early leaf buds so iti won't be long now until some reasonable warm weather arrives.  Really anxious to play with the Ranger and hit the river for some lazy drift fishing.

Looks like my nasty cold is about over and finally got some reasonable sleep last night.  Having a cold with my COPD can make for some sleepless nights.  I do have some 4 day old chilli that I have been wanting but with the cold and related bathroom issues I have been reluctant to have at it.  I think that this afternoon just might be my time to give it a go.   I forgot to mention that I have received my tax refunds from the Feds and the State about a week ago.  This was really fast.  only took about 10 days from the time I transmitted the tax forms before it showed up in the bank account.  Donald do you have any plans to hit the lakes yet?

caddyjoe77

have not been sleeping good, up the last two nights.  working at 4AM, then worked until a little after 9.  took a much needed nap.  IBS sucks!!

should be tired enough to get back on a regular sleep schedule tonight and take the boat out this weekend.  Supposed to be in the 70's

Bud, glad to hear you are feeling better.  Roll them good!!
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Its a beautiful day here in Central Texas this morning.  We have bright sunny skies with forecasted temps of 60-80dgrs with 57%humidity and a SE wind @ 10mphs.  We're looking at mid 50's for the lows and low 80's for the highs these next few days  ;)

The wife is on her way to Fredericksburg for an overnight get away trip.  She's attending a Tribute Band event at the Rock Box Theater.  The Tribute Band is a Johnny Cash Gospel event.  This get away will do her good being away and just enjoying the time by herself.  There's tons of stuff for her to do while down in Fredericksburg like shopping and more shopping.  It's a female's paradise with stores galore  :surrender:  ~shade

I'm going to relax and just tinker around on the computer today. 

Joe; Hope you get to feeling better my good man.  Lack of restful sleep sure sux's been there and done that :surrender:   A good day out on the water in that BassCat will have you feeling great in no time  ;)

Bud; Hope you have gotten to feel better and your day at the lanes was a pleasant one. 

I've been tinkering around with some of my tackle here and there.  Nolan Lake is finally at Summer Pool with all the rain we've gotten.  The only issue is getting down to the water's edge to launch the G3.  There aren't any launch ramps on the lake.  The ground is still pretty wet and soft.  Belton lake is still 12.31ft below Summer Pool which still makes it hazardous if you don't watch where your driving.  Stillhouse lake is 16.79ft below Summer Pool.  Same thing pretty dangerous out there still.

Health wise I'm feeling pretty good.  I can now walk up a flight of steps without using the hand rails.  I can now bend over and pickup stuff without feeling dizzy.  So we're improving and here I'm going to say in April I'm going to give it a try and hit the water   ~shade

I hope everyone has a really pleasant Saturday.  Y'all enjoy the family time together and be safe in your travels.  Tight lines for those hitting the water  ~bb  ;)   
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Donald Garner

Howdy  8)

Partly Sunny Skies with forecasted temps of 66-79dgrs with 68%humidity and a S wind @ 15mphs is whets covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~shade

Not a lot happening here today.  I got up and stopped at the 7-11 Service Station to pickup some breakfast tacos and a diet Mountain Dew  :food  ;PEP)   Stopped by the car wash on the way home and washed the Silverado.  It stays parked under the tree in the drive way.  The birds seem to use it for their business on a regular basis.  ~xyz   Later on this year that tree is coming down.  It looks dead right now but I have to wait to make sure.  These Live Oaks look dead but aren't  :-\

The rest of the day here will be spent tinkering around on the computer and just plain ole relaxing.  The wife just pulled into the garage from her overnight stay down in Fredericksburg.  I'm glad she made it back home safely.  I always worry about her traveling by herself.

Y'all have a really relaxing Sunday.  Enjoy the family time together and if your out and about be safe in your travels.

caddyjoe77

caught a odd looking bass.  has some war paint around the eyes like a smallie, some LM markings and a smallie looking back plus he was kinda a gold color which i initially thought was just from being a grass bass.  it looks like a meanmouth but i am not sure....definitely pulled like a spot/smallie

anyway, back to the grind for the week....

BeerMe

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

We're starting the day off with mostly cloudy skies with the chance of a isolated Thunderstorm later on this afternoon early evening.  Our forecasted temps for today are 59-80dgrs with 82%humidity with a S wind @ 10mphs.

Not real busy here today.  Dwayne has some medical appointments this afternoon we'll be taking him too.  Other than driving to the hospital there isn't anything else planned for today. 

Joe; Tks for stopping by and sharing that catch with us.  Too bad there wasn't a picture of the fish.  That would have been an interesting photo.  Glad you were able to get out on the water and recharge the batteries there  ;)   Hope your week ahead is a good one for ya.

To everyone hope your day today is a pleasant one with a relaxing evening ahead.

caddyjoe77

Should be attached?  Anyway attached here too  lo

Didn't get any bigs, this was the most picture worthy of the day.  Bigs are still out in deeper water gorging on shad.  some people figured it out and had near 30 but not this guy -- need time on water.  Can definitely see them staging.  Water is like 52 -- couple more degrees and pre-spawn will be ON
BeerMe

Bud Kennedy

Beautiful day today with current temp 79.  Just a little messing around doing some yard stuff and not much else.  Ordered some lawn stuff from Amazon since it looks like it is getting close to the time to bring the lawn back to life.  Rain expected on Wednesday and a whole bunch more Rain is forecasted for Saturday.  Temps look like they will remain mostly seasonal.  Polled is covering everything and playing a bit of hell with allergies.  Never had the problem until a couple years ago but it seems the older I get the more it bothers me.

Bowling day tomorrow and then again on Friday.  Tomorrows bowling is a pre bowl deal since two of our team members are going on a cruise in a couple of weeks.  Next week will also be a Tuesday and Friday deal.

caddyjoe77

enjoy he yard work bud -- i am getting out today hopefully to get the pre-emergent put down.  having some rain wed so hopefully it all sticks and at least somewhat controls my crabgrass that comes in june/july

hate spending good money on quality seed only to have to waxed by crabgrass.

enjoy bowling -- pre bowl is never as fun it seems like but enjoy nonetheless
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Beautiful bright sunny day here in Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 55-86dgrs with 50%humidity with an E wind @ 5mphs.  Looks like we have a chance of rain showers moving across the area on Thursday and Friday  ~rain

I had a Lab appointment with Team Vampire at the VA Hospital this morning.    It took 3 techs to draw my blood this morning for some reason.  It pisses me off when that occurs.  I tell each one that I have Deep Veins and to use the double strap on the arm.  They finally got enough blood drawn to fill the tube up a quarter of the way  >:(

I stopped by the cafeteria after the lab visit for my morning biscuits, gravy with hash browns, fried eggs and bacon  :food   I'm good to go till supper now  ;)  There is nothing planned for the rest of the day today except relaxing.

Joe; Tks for stopping by and sharing the day.  Have fun working out in the yard.  Tks for getting those pictures attached in the previous posting.  I've caught bass here on Belton and Stillhouse that had Black Spots / Marks on their bodies also.  I never did any research to see whets up with that.  The fish all were healthy looking (-) those black spots.

Bud; Hope you had a pleasant day at the lanes.  Tks for stopping by and checking in.  Have fun working in the yard.

To everyone hope your day today is a good one.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

Hazy skies with forecasted temps of 61-80dgrs with 56%humidity with an E wind @ 6mphs is whets covering down across Central Texas this morning.

It's a do nothing day here.  I took Dwayne to a medical appointment this morning.  We're back now and it will be a tinkering around on the computer afternoon.

I hope everyone has a pleasant and relaxing day today.  Tight lines for those hitting the water.

Donald Garner

Greetings to all,

Cloudy with forecasted temps of 64-67dgrs with the chance of a thunderstorm later on today  ~rain   We have 82%humidity with a SE wind @ 10mphs.

Busy day here today.  We had to make a morning trip over to Ft. Cavazos (Ft. Hood) ID card bldg.  The wife had to get an updated dependent ID card when she turned 65.  We had to contact Tri-Care Medical to get that updated also.  We're good to go now that the wife has her Medicare Health Insurance and Tri-Care for Life Insurance updated.

We're taking Dwayne over to the hospital this afternoon for his appointment.  They are going to go in and drain this excess fluid he has built up in his system.  He saw the cancer doctor during his last visit and they're scheduling a biopsy procedure on his pancreas.  He has a 2 inch mast on the tail end of the pancreas.  Hopefully the results will be negative on any cancer being there.

There's nothing else planned for day except sitting around at the hospital waiting for Dwayne's appointment to be done. 

I hope everyone has a really pleasant day today.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about. 

Bud Kennedy

Nice spring day today lots of sun and temps at 75.  Just some errands to run today nothing else planned.  Bowling tomorrow.  Usually I would watch State of the Union address but not gonna do it tonight.  There is nothing they can say that would change my mind about the political process.  Probably a bunch of lies anyway.  Heck, I don't really even listen to the news either.  I am totally irritated about what they have done to our country and am in the mood to throw the whole bunch out of office.

Donald, sending prayers for Dwayne and hope things turn up to be not a problem. 

caddyjoe77

Donald, glad to hear you got the ID cards out of the way -- always so fun to sit a the DEERS office all day :D. 

Hopefully your boy gets a resolution soon and y'all can find some peace again sooner rather than later.

Bud, roll em good!!  And yea, I think a lot of people feel the same about the politicians. 
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

Forecasted temps across Central Texas today were 43-79dgrs with 31%humdity with a NE wind @ 17mphs.  We had some rain this morning for a short period of time.  It was one of those Slow Moving Rains.. good for watering the flower beds and yards  ~rain  ~shade

Spent most of the morning at the hospital with Dwayne.  He received another Biopsy Procedure on his pancreas.  We should have the results back in a few days.  He mentioned he was hungry afterwards so we had lunch at Golden Corral Buffet down in Killeen. 

I dropped the wife and him off at home and headed over to church.  I'm in charge of ensuring the flags are in proper order.  Both flags (National Colors & Texas State Flag) needed replaced.  The wind had ripped both flags up pretty good.

Made a stop at the post office and good ole Walmart before heading back home.  The rest of the evening here will be spent relaxing  ;)

Joe; Tks for the kind words reference Dwayne.  His mother and me of course are really worried as any parent would be.  Yep we're squared away now with new ID's.  The Ft. Cavazos (Ft. Hood) ID card office went through a big redo here last year.  Now you have to go on-line and make an appointment.  There is no more Walk In's and your time at the office is not that long depending on what your having done.  Our appointment was for 8am and we were done by 8:45am.

Bud; Tks for the prayers and kind words for Dwayne.  My wife and I appreciate that.  Hope your day at the lanes were a positive one.  I haven't watch the State of Union Address in many years.  I have my own thoughts about our leadership at all levels.  Hopefully one day we'll get things back on track.

To everyone hope your Friday was a pleasant and productive one.  Y'all have a relaxing and pleasant evening ahead.   

topdsm0138

Afternoon everyone,

Been feeling like dog turd the past few days. Might go do some Afternoon bank hopping to sweat it out a little. Been using the new swim jigs and that black light color has been awesome down here.

Tiller Mafia.

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,

Cloudy, windy with forecasted temps of 40-60dgrs.  We got 44%humidity with a N wind @ 16mphs.  The sun is starting to break through now and it's going to warm up later on this afternoon.

Not much happening here today.  The wife is down in Fredericksburg attending another Tribute Band show at the Rockbox Theater.  She'll be spending the night down there again.  Me and Dwayne are hanging out here at home taking it easy.

~rant  I strained my left side stomach muscle day before yesterday pulling that battery out of the Silverado.  I don't know why they stuck it up in the left hand corner of the engine compartment. You have to take a cover bracket off to pull the battery out.  You need a step ladder or stool to stand on so you can look down into the compartment  >:(  Then use a long extension on the racket to remove the battery hold down bracket.  Once you remove the cover bracket and hold bracket you still have to tilt the battery up to take it out.  It didn't take long to switch out the battery it was just a PITA taking the cover bracket and battery hold down bracket off.  I had to use (2) different size sockets to remove the bolts.  ~shade

Top; Hope you get to feeling better.  When you get the chance take some pictures of the bass you catch using those new baits.

To everyone I hope your Saturday is a pleasant and enjoyable one.  Tight lines for those getting out on the water.  Y'all be safe out there.

topdsm0138

Was out throwing a few casts, and a kid walked up to talk a little. Moved here from PA a while ago and was mainly asking what's the fishing is like here. I said we have both salt and fresh locally. Kid said "I wanna fish too." So I said sure and gave him my spare pole. Kid had a blast and caught his first FL bass today. I sent him home with some spare bags of worms, some hooks, and sinkers too.

Tiller Mafia.

caddyjoe77

Dude the impact you had on that kid is awesome!! Great job!!

BeerMe

topdsm0138

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 09, 2024, 07:36:31 PMDude the impact you had on that kid is awesome!! Great job!!
His face says it all, like he's really never caught a bass before.

Tiller Mafia.

topdsm0138

It's kinda sad when your old jon boat has been bought and sold 4 times after you parted with it. They still haven't removed my stickers, that's how I can spot it. Still has its UB decals on the side.

Tiller Mafia.

Bud Kennedy

Bright sunny but windy day here at the beach.  Current temp 69 with a NNW wind at 20mph makes it feel kinda cold.  Rain most of the day Saturday but dry today with a fairly nice week ahead.  Spent some time today getting the bowling balls ready for this Tuesday was the only thing I did all day besides goofing off. 

Mrs. has hand surgery this Wednesday and she is a little nervous since this will be her first surgery ever.  Her left hand will be out of commission for a while so she has been telling me that I have to take care of everything the next couple weeks.  (kinda already thought I did)  At least she will be around to make sure I stay busy and she can supervise what ever task I am assigned  (LOL).

caddyjoe77

ha Bud, glad to see you are on the mend and getting back to a normal routine.  Roll em good Tuesday!

as for me, it has been really windy, and just not good days w/a cold feel in the air from a north wind.  Didnt take the boat out, but was successful at work this last week so i guess that is some kind of something.  Starting with a new customer this week, building them some content about Large Language Models so this could be a super fun project. 

other than that, never a fan of when we spring forward.  Slept longer this AM.   I obviously must have needed it. 

grilling some Korean spiced pork in a couple hours so that should be a good dinner with some lettuce and rice
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

It been a beautiful day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 50-66dgrs with 31%humidity with an E wind @ 5mphs.  Warming trend occurring this week with 50 / 60's for the lows and 70 / 80's for the highs   There is a chance of rain on Thursday though  ~rain

Attending church on line this morning.   The wife had a pleasant stay down in Fredericksburg last night and had pleasant trip back home this morning.  We went and had lunch at our favorite Chinese Restaurant over in Temple > Dynasty <.  They had a really good buffet  going today with some additional items like crab legs, crawfish and various types of shrimp fixed.  It's been a while since I sat down and ate crawfish  :food

Drove over the the North end of Belton Lake at the Hwy 36 bridge.  You can tell the lake level has come up quite a bit from last month.  It's still dangerous low but is raising slowly.  The rest of the afternoon was spent tinkering around on the computer here.

Joe: Tks for stopping by and spending a few minutes with us.   :-* That Korean spiced pork and rice sounds good  :food  Hope your week ahead is a pleasant and productive one for ya.

Top: That's kid day has been made.  You might've made a new fishing buddy.  Tks for taking the time to share our sport with him.  Hopefully he'll learn to enjoy it like we do.

Bud: I'll add the wife to my daily pray list.  I hope the surgery goes well as well as the recovery.  Hopefully she won't feel to much like supervising you during her recovery.  Have fun Tuesday bowling. 

To everyone hope your day has been a relaxing one.  Hopefully the evening ahead will be a pleasant one as well.