New Jig Hook Brand!

Started by bigjim5589, October 03, 2019, 03:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjim5589

FYI, For those of us who pour jigs, there's a new company selling hooks. They have worm hooks & jig hooks, and my interest has been with the jig hooks.  :-*

Vector is the name of this company, and here's what the hooks look like. I've only purchased a pack of two sizes of the 60 degree and one size of the 90 degree and have not as yet poured anything with them, but initial reaction is they look to be an excellent alternative to what's already on the market.

They are sticky sharp, and have a black nickel finish. Right now it seems that sizes are limited, but I've been told they do have plans to expand the choices.

They come in small packs of 6 hooks and the folks at Vector have told me they'll make them available in bulk for lure makers, but no other details at this time about what that may be or prices.

Anyway, here's some photo's of the jig hooks. Check them out!

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Oldfart9999

It'll be interesting to what the price points will be on bulk. Might have to check Tackleunderground and see if anyone there has or is using them. It's become a competitive market already.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

bigjim5589

Rodney, competition is a good thing! I'm certainly interested in how the pricing will be in bulk. As I said, I have not used these hooks as yet, but am very hopeful that they're worth buying. I've been following Vector online, and their other hooks are getting good comments, which to me indicates they're trying to provide a good product.

Even with all the brands now, and competition, prices are always going up. I think that more people are getting into making their own lures, and that demand is raising the prices some, plus other reasons. Still, hooks are comparatively one of the least costly products that we buy. ( Compare a $300 to $400 rod or reel to a $1 hook! Big difference!  ;))

I don't mind paying for good quality, but, as far as hooks for making lures, I already am familiar with most brands, so know what I'm getting when I buy them.

I'm not afraid to try new brands either!  lo

I'm a member of several tackle making groups online and hooks are discussed often, but as yet, these Vector jig hooks are not getting much discussion. As I already noted, their worm hooks are getting good comments, and I expect more people are using them than are using the jig hooks so just a matter of the numbers.

Like any new brand or new products, if the quality is good, and folks like them and the price is within a range that folks will pay, they'll sell. If not, you know what will happen!  ~shade
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.