One of the best on the boat tools tip....

Started by Capt. BassinLou, March 08, 2020, 08:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Over the years  I have recieved many comments about this tool. Many scratch their heads on why I have this until something happens and then the new comment is... "I need to have one of these."

This is my old and trusty boat hook utility pole. This 5ft  aluminum pole has gotten me out of several situations over the last 20 years. Below are some of the uses for it:

1. Depth gauge: note the duct tape strips, they each mark one foot increments.

2. Keeps the boat from hitting hazardous objects. Ever been in a windy situation and your too shallow to maneuver with the TM?

3. Helps retrieve lures from those hard to reach places. For example: Trees!!

4. Alligator gets a little too close for comfort?
Whack it with this and it won't come back!!

Trust me when I say, you will be thankful to have one these in your boat when the situation calls for it.

Florida Bass Fishing Reports , Dobyns Rods , Lockett Lures

Jacobguy

That's genius, I dont know about the whole alligator part I'm getting as far away from those things as I can. I'm gonna order one off amazon for our boat later on today. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

WTodd

I too have one of those. I don't use it as much as you because obviously I'm a MUCH better caster than you.....sorry you made that way too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDiver

That is a good idea.  Probably good to help with snakes as well.  Should try to get one.
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: WTodd on March 08, 2020, 09:13:36 AM
I too have one of those. I don't use it as much as you because obviously I'm a MUCH better caster than you.....sorry you made that way too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good one!!

Florida Bass Fishing Reports , Dobyns Rods , Lockett Lures

nats

JHTR20

This would have save my cavitation plate last year, Use #2.  I have something I can use for this just wondering where you got the hook?

SteveTX

Ahhh I get it I have one of those.  ~roflmao

Actually I don't yet, but I use a 9ft Superstick Shallow Water Anchor. It stays on the deck 100% of the time. Great for anchoring quietly and all the positives you mentioned. Never used it to remove a lure from a tree but if you got wild enough it would reach pretty high.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/superstick-shallow-water-anchor-pin-kit

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: JHTR20 on March 13, 2020, 11:00:40 AM
This would have save my cavitation plate last year, Use #2.  I have something I can use for this just wondering where you got the hook?

Years... years... ago I had an offshore boat, and I bought that pole with a hook and brush attachment at a Marine store. BPS sells a similar pole but with a hard plastic hook. Look around the marine section of fishing stores and you will see these poles.

FD

I saw it in action first hand at the M&G and have ordered one for myself.

If you don't have pieces leftover, you didn't put it back together right...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works