$$ Saving Lure Tip

Started by Capt. BassinLou, March 20, 2023, 12:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

I broke one of my favorite peacock lures last week. Broke in half when I cast it against a rock by accident.

I have since replaced the lure, but before I discarded the broken lure, I stripped it down of its hardware. All of it.

Why?

Our favorite lures take a lot of abuse, and their hardware become damaged or stripped away from fighting fish over time. Instead of discarding the lures, just replace the stripped or missing hardware from salvaged damaged lures.

You won't believe how much $$ you are saving.

Below is my little zip lock bag of stripped hardware from previous damaged lures. 

I had another lure that had it's center hook assembly ripped off by big peacock.

Fortunately, I didn't lose the lure during the fight. When I  came home, I went straight  to my hardware bag and replaced the hook assembly. Saved me $7!!

Keep this thread in mind.

Hope the info helps. :)

Donald Garner

Lou, tks for sharing the tip with us. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

This is a great tip!

I've actually been doing this for a long time but I'm a bit more OCD about it. Originally everything just went in a draw in a parts cabinet - all screws in one draw, all props in another etc.

Now I throw stuff in small parts bags with a note identifying the lure they came from and if possible the size of each item.

I know. Probably overkill.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.