DEDICATION or TRIBUTE THREAD armed forces and public service

Started by Mike Cork, October 17, 2008, 01:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Many members have asked for a place to post a tribute to our Armed Forces, while looking around the boards there really isn't a place set up to do that. After some discussion with Admin, Laurie and I have decided that a stickied thread here in the Let Us Get To Know You board would be the best place and the first place most would see it.

This thread is for the sole purpose of our members to post their dedications to our Armed Forces men and women and Public Service members (police, hospital, EMT, etc.)

If you have a dedication to a serving family member, a general thank you to our fellow Americans, or would like to say something in appreciation to all the freedoms that you enjoy because of those that protect them for you at home or abroad; this is the place to do it.

This thread will be closely monitored and kept on track. No off topic posts will be allowed to stay and will be removed immediately without notice.

I asked for someone to give me something to get things rolling and this was the first submission. This gives everyone an idea of what kind of content we would like to see in this thread. Not all posts have to start out with the UB part of it  ;)

"The members of Ultimate Bass have dedicated this thread to all of the men and women of the United States Armed Forces.  Without your service, loyalty, and dedication our country would not be the greatest nation in the world.  From the earliest colonial days, members of our great nation have stepped forward to fight for and protect the freedoms granted to each and every American."
                              ~Larrylargemouth~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

-Shawn-

From our Family we would like to give a whole hearted thank you to all the men and Women of the armed forces.  With out your selfless dedication to protecting our freedoms and Liberties our nation would be Lost!!!!

San Anto JCSr.

"Thank You To ALL SERVICE-MEN-WOMEN PAST & PRESENT" ~flag "Take Care & God Bless", L8r. James,"VATO LOCO"<;({})><

[attachment deleted by admin]
USAF-REG.-VET; NAFCLM";, Anglers' Legacy Ambassador;

cra97

I truly appreciate what the Warriors today are doing, especially now that I am unable to do it myself any longer, but I REALLY appreciate what the Soldiers before us did in giving those of us today the right to CHOOSE to defend OUR country.  Me and My Family thank you from the bottom of our hearts and my God Bless you ALL.

Rob
Rob Appleby

BamaCoast

The members of our Armed Forces hold a special place in my heart and also the family members who also sacrifice so much perhaps more than the men and women serving in combat. Our Armed Forces are all Volunteers. They chose to serve for many different reason.

I am also the father of a Soldier who was severely wounded while serving his second tour in Iraq on March 27th 2005. It has been a long and sometimes difficult road to recovery but things are slowly getting better.

Please remember our wounded Veterans. They go through so much on the road to get back as much of their life as possible. Many like my son have ptsd (post traumatic stress) and many have TBI (traumatic brain injury) like my son because so many were wounded by roadside bombs. It takes a lot of patience and takes quite a while to get back to a normal life.

Thanks to all who serve and especially those that have given the ultimate sacrifice also our wounded warriors and the family members who stand in the gap.

Kenny

This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him

armybassanglers_brent

I also want to thank my fellow soldiers and pray to keep them safe when puts in harms way may Saint Michael protect them....

awcGA

I have lost several friends while in Law Enforcement and heard this poem read at one of their funerals. It means a lot to me so I want to share it with the members here. There is one very similar for solders also.

Final Inspection

The policeman stood to face his God, which must always come to pass.

He hoped his boots were shining, just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, Policeman. How shall I deal with you?

Have you always turned the other cheek? To my church have you been true?"

The policeman squared his shoulder's and said. "No lord, I guess I ain't,

Because those of us who carry badges can't always be a saint."

I've had to work most Sundays, and at times my talk was rough,

and sometimes I've been violent, because the streets are awfully tough.

"But I never took a penny that wasn't mine to keep...

Though I worked a lot of overtime when the bills got to steep.."

And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear.

And sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place among the people here.

They never wanted me around except to calm their fear."

"If you've got a place for me here Lord, It needn't be so grand.

I never expected or had too much, but if you don't...I'll understand."

There was silence all around the throne where the saints often trod.

As the policeman waited quietly, for the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, Policeman. You've borne your burdens well.

Come walk a beat in Heaven's streets, you've done your time in Hell."

*Author Unknown*
God created police officers so firefighters would have a hero.

Think the Ultimate Bass forum is beneficial to you then help support it by becoming a Charter Member

vb3391

First, I'd like to say "Thank you" to all of our men & women who do and have served in our armed forces. There are no words which can be spoken to truly thank you enough for your selfless service to our country. Second, I would like to thank "awcGA" for posting that awesome poem. I have worked in Law Enforcement for nearly 8 years and lost a friend in the line of duty. My heart goes out to you and those lost. Thank you again.

Jease

Hi all I'm new here at this site. First of all I wanted to let everyone know that I am currently a member of the Armed Forces and I can not tell you what your support means to me and others like us. It opens up the hearts to even the toughest men and women. I'm currently stationed at FT. Hood, Texas and I have been fishing at Stillhouse Hollow Lake since I have been back from Iraq last Jan. I have caught well over alot of fish from the bank and the marina. But I'm mainly looking for someone in the same area that has a boat and is willing to have a fishing buddy. I will tell you a secret though. At the marina I caught a 7.5 lb Largemouth Black Bass on a Strike King Sinner Bait w/ a trailing hook. Biggest fish I have ever caught in my life. Sorry for trailing on but I just had to put that out there. SPC Adam, Rick v~

Fish_myster

Thanks for your service everyone,
I would like to invite an armed service member or public servent member a day on the lake to show my THANKs to you, I live in South eastern Ohio (Clermont County)
Just shoot me a PM,

God bless our country
  Proud Father of an American Soldier 
Proud Grandfather of 6!

San Anto JCSr.

Never Forgotten...Thank You Fellow Vets*, "Take Care & God Bless", L8r. James,"VATO LOCO"<;({})><  8)

[attachment deleted by admin]
USAF-REG.-VET; NAFCLM";, Anglers' Legacy Ambassador;

Ranger1512

I too want to say thanks to those serving and to their loved ones here at home. They are giving a lot so that we can continue to live free.
Thanks for all that you do.

calincalif50

To my fellow military brothers and sisters past and present   Thank you in the continued fight.

Never forgotten, always thought of

~flag

Cal
retired AF

garland7

From me: A U.S. Navy retired Chief, I have great admiration and awe, for your consistant and constant display of Dedication, Devotion, and Honor to duty. To the Men, Women, and Families of our armed forces ( Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard ) I salute You!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
garland7

j.temp10

From me and my family to all armed forces we give you a standing ovation and thank you for the hard work.   

hockeyref

Thank you to the armed forces for kepting our great country safe i would also like to offer a member of the armed forces a day fishing in the maryland area Just IM ME AGAIN THANK YOU
BALTIMORE SAINTS SPIECAL HOCKEY
Team Outcast
TBF Maryland

woodhound

My family an I would like to thank all the men & women of the armed forces for their service. God bless all of you for all that you do. AGAIN THANKS TO YOU ALL!!! ~c~  ~c~  ~c~  ~c~  ~c~ & beers for you all  ~beer~  ~beer~                                                               

woodhound & family

comoda

Hello from Korea!
We are stationed at Camp Humphreys, RoK.   I want to knock out a few birds with one stone here and say Thank you to all that have served before us, the people that support us and introduce us all at once!  We recently started www.Teamamericafishing.proboards.com  We are a group of stranded Bass fishermen here in Korea and we just joined the Korean Sport-fishing Associations' Team walking Tournament season.   We also compete in other Open tournaments as well as try to figure out the mystery the mystery that is Korean Bass.   Our main mission is to make aware to Military personel that there IS bass here and there is an alternative to the "ville" out here where they blow their money on booze.  I know it takes the edge off of the homesickness to be able to feel a fish on the line!  I also take the time to thank and acknowledge AmericanLegacyFishing.com for sending Care packages of Shirts and lures ect to us.   I recommend their site they are a standup company especially Adam Daywalt!   I bought a used St. croix and shimano reel from them too!  I invite you all to come over to our site and share stories tips and Learn what Korean Bass fishing is all about.   We are representing OUR country in these tournament!   Our first tournament of the season we came in 14th out of 800 anglers crammed into a mile of shore lol!

SPC Comoda, James E
"Second to None!"
Army Bass Angler Coalition Pro-Staffer
Salt City Bass Club - Fort Drum, New York
Team America Fishing Club<Camp Humphreys Korea>

nordbrock

I have been reading this site for some time now, just signed up as a menber today.  I just want to say thank oyu to all for the support on this site.  I have been in for 15 years multiple deployments and am stationed now as a Recruiter in Indiana.  Pretty amazing that as soon as I sign onto this site, the first thing I see is a tribute to Armed forces and Public Services.  They say actions seak louder than words but in some instances it is completely different..    thanks to all SSG Nordbrock USA

crawdadblue

;PEP)  Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day!  My Father is retired from the US Marines and I served 6 years in the US Marines.  My father volunteered to go to Vietnam twice!

Ive been on 4 ships 2 6month deployments back to back CAX and WTI among other things.  Been to both coasts of Africa and to the Persian Gulf!  Of course didnt know what I was gettin into when I signed up.  No kid does when they do! But did it and am very proud of my father and of what I did.  Had it not been for him I wouldve never joined or even thot about joining.  So thanks to him and thanks to all who gave ALL! 
Water was so shallow...caught a fish with a sunburn!

waterweasel

From one old still serving vet. Thanks for your support. Please remember our Wounded Warriors past and present.

Waterweasel

bass78

~c~  Thanks to all the men and women that fight for everything that we have today.  There should be alot more recongition for those that fight past and present for the freedom we have.  Most of those that ridicule the branches of military don't have the slightest idea of what freedom really consists of.   ~rant   I just want to apoligize to all the troops that have had to listen to questions about why do you fight and so on.  I personally am pround of each and every one that serves.  And those that don't believe in this country and what its stands  ~bb for should just move !  Anyway thats another subject.  Thank you all may God bless you and let everyone give the highest respect possible !!! Because without the Home of the brave we couldn't be the Land of the FREE ! !!
JJ's Magic Prostaff, The Rod Glove Pro Staff, Extreme Sunglasses Pro Staff,    Blue Sports Outdoors Pro staff,

ccpd1219

"Smoke on the Water" isn't just a song....it's an experience!

jaydatank

As a memeber of the U.S. Army, I want to thank all of you for your support. I am currently serving in Afghanistan and I can't wait to get home and fish!