Dorothy lives!!!

Started by No Excuses, March 03, 2023, 07:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Excuses

I first caught this O'l gal in 2016. My son and I both caught her in 2017. I fought her once in 2018 and 2019 respectively and lost. The last time was on an ultra light spinning rig with a dropshot. I thought some of the family had probably caught her and ate her to be honest. Me and BIL headed to the lake yesterday eve but the rain turned us back towards home. We decided to hit the pond for a few. I saw her on a bed. Strangely tho, there was a smaller fish with her, but it wasn't a Bass. She was locked down with a Catfish! I wound up wacky rigging one of my hand pours, and the catfish finally hit it. After that she got real spun up and bit a few pitches later. I didn't have my good glasses on, and thought the fish was maybe 4 or 5 lbs. Wound up being just a touch over 8lbs. She's not super fat, because I guess other than bream and crawdads, there isn't much for her to eat. But she is an absolute tank!! We call her Dorothy after my wife's late Grandmother who loved going fishing at her pond. It was sure good to see her again!

Dark3

Congratulations! Thats a hawg for sure. Reminded me of dottie

https://bassfishingfacts.com/world-record-chaser-the-story-of-dottie-the-25-pound-largemouth-bass/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big g

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

BassmanRudy

Shacked up with a catfish?!?!! What in tarnation will that create?! Largefish or catbass?!?cat bass?!?!

Really nice bass. Def the Queen of the pond!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching and tks for sharing those pictures with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bassinkorea

Are there other bass in the pond with her??
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

No Excuses

BK, yeah there are lots of bass. Too many really. It's a family pond. 3 siblings, one being my mother in law, own it together. Most of them are completely backwards in their thinking. They throw all the 12 inch and less ones back and keep the occasional 2-4lb fish to eat. I cant get them to understand that the fish are pretty much stunted and we need to keep a bunch of the little bass to reduce the numbers. Old habits die hard I guess.

Bassinkorea

I guess Dorothy can eat the smaller bass. lo
She is a beauty for sure!
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)