W Creek, 10 May

Started by complac3ncy, May 10, 2008, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

complac3ncy

Water temps high 50's, some spots were breaking 60. Clarity was very good in most parts. The weedlines are up along most of the lake. Very cloudy and rainy. Caught a few bass in the 2-4 lb range near the weedlines close to fallen timber on a vibrashock. Also landed a nice 6 lb'er off a DD22 in about 20 foot of water, appeared to be spawned out.

NewNEFisher

I just moved up to Omaha this last summer and live near Walnut Creek.  I was out on Saturday, May 10 as well, but didn't catch anything.  Using mostly jigs and spinner baits near the southwest corner by the creek.  Any advice as to where I might have better luck and what to use?  I don't have a boat, so I will be fishing from the bank.

Thanks

complac3ncy

My best advice is to move around and be prepared to walk a bit. Change spots often and fish structure. That could be fallen timber, trees, dropoffs, weedlines, etc. The fish are pretty spooky there and if your walking around the edges i'd be as quiet as you can. The shore really get's hammered in the spring and summertime with people fishing. Stay away from the crowd.

I've caught fish there on lots of diffrent baits. Cranks and rattle-traps are usually my go to bait there, especially in the spring. I've also had great luck on finesse worms on shakey head jigs. I see people catch em on spinnerbaits, usually smaller in 3/8 or less. Jerkbaits, curly tail worms, senko's, you name it i've probably landed a fish with it there. Concentrate on a bait and build your confidence with something. The fish will be up shallow for a couple more weeks probably so now is a good time to bank fish.