Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on February 15, 2018, 02:50:31 PM
Them  ;PHO) look nice are y'all taking them with your phone? I'm still trying to get a good  ;PHO) of the rod Mr Lee made for me but every time I try it doesn't look too good. I just got a newer phone about a month ago and I haven't tried it with this one yet. Maybe it will take a better picture than my last one. ;D
Just my ole Samsung Galaxy S6. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 15, 2018, 03:42:18 PM
Just my ole Samsung Galaxy S6. Lol

<")))>{
I just got my new phone a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 when we change from AT & T to T Mobil because of the over priced service from AT&T . Maybe my new phone will take better  ;PHO)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lipripper on February 15, 2018, 02:50:31 PM
Them  ;PHO) look nice are y'all taking them with your phone? I'm still trying to get a good  ;PHO) of the rod Mr Lee made for me but every time I try it doesn't look too good. I just got a newer phone about a month ago and I haven't tried it with this one yet. Maybe it will take a better picture than my last one. ;D

usually if you move your finger from the lens that helps lip!  ;D lo
BeerMe

Lipripper

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 15, 2018, 06:53:03 PM
usually if you move your finger from the lens that helps lip!  ;D lo
I thought my finger looked pretty  lo lo It just that the pictures just didn't look right and I even tried taking one with my camera and they didn't look as good as the ones everyone else is posting here. I'll try with my new phone and see if it comes out better.

Bassin_VA

I have a feeling that it is getting ready to happen.... Colt CL 703C. Looking for something that I can use out of the kayak with jigs, senkos, chatterbaits. Seems like it fits the bill and not break the bank.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassin_VA on February 15, 2018, 07:44:51 PM
I have a feeling that it is getting ready to happen.... Colt CL 703C. Looking for something that I can use out of the kayak with jigs, senkos, chatterbaits. Seems like it fits the bill and not break the bank.

You might wanna get a 704.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Bassin_VA

Quote from: zippyduck on February 15, 2018, 11:26:18 PM
I agree the 703 will be too light.
Thanks guys. I think this could get away from the purpose of the  bait monkey thread, so made a post in the Dobyns subforum.

cbburke

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

pjl63

Quote from: cojab on February 14, 2018, 04:52:38 PM
And I guess I never posted this but I couldn't pass up a Cyber Monday sale. The top rod is my new Dobyns 705 CB Glass. Not even out of the wrapper yet.
I'll be slinging those squarebills with this as soon as the water softens up a bit.
And I guess I got bit worse than I thought because there will be one more purchase later this week to sit on that rod and another purchase in April. That should take care of the monkey for awhile. I hope!
I also went a bit Dobyns crazy over the holidays.  Based on reputation alone, I ended up picking up some a refurbished Savvy 735 (paired with a Curado I) and a new old stock Savvy Micro 733 (paired with a Curado K).  Still need to pick up a good crank rod, though.  I'd be interested to know your thoughts once you get a chance to break that 705 in.  Waffling between the Dobyns or the St. Croix Mojo Glass.  Love my squarebills, but I'm more of a lipless crank guy.

Lipripper

Quote from: pjl63 on February 16, 2018, 08:14:46 AM
I also went a bit Dobyns crazy over the holidays.  Based on reputation alone, I ended up picking up some a refurbished Savvy 735 (paired with a Curado I) and a new old stock Savvy Micro 733 (paired with a Curado K).  Still need to pick up a good crank rod, though.  I'd be interested to know your thoughts once you get a chance to break that 705 in.  Waffling between the Dobyns or the St. Croix Mojo Glass.  Love my squarebills, but I'm more of a lipless crank guy.
Yep I can see that bait monkey has been busy.  lo lo Keep feeding him so he will stay away from my door.  ;D

SteveTX

Quote from: pjl63 on February 16, 2018, 08:14:46 AM
I have bought a couple of the Rep Sample Savvy SSM735C rods. I think they are the same? At first I thought they were a little to moderate feeling but actually don't see it that way now. They are very versatile rods for me. I pitch, frog, and jig fish with them constantly. Really really strong rods. I pulled 3 to 5+ lb bass out of the thickest of the big heavy lily pads all summer last year no problem. 

pjl63

Quote from: SteveTX on February 16, 2018, 10:02:58 AM
I have bought a couple of the Rep Sample Savvy SSM735C rods. I think they are the same? At first I thought they were a little to moderate feeling but actually don't see it that way now. They are very versatile rods for me. I pitch, frog, and jig fish with them constantly. Really really strong rods. I pulled 3 to 5+ lb bass out of the thickest of the big heavy lily pads all summer last year no problem.
Yes same thing, except my 735 is a refurbished model with the normal guides. My 733 is a rep sample with micro guides.

caddyjoe77

i too, bought some rep sample SSM 735.  No issues whatsoever.  use it as a frog rod, but I dont use the frog rod much...not a lot of grass around here. 
BeerMe

pjl63

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 16, 2018, 12:35:44 PM
i too, bought some rep sample SSM 735.  No issues whatsoever.  use it as a frog rod, but I dont use the frog rod much...not a lot of grass around here.
I bought mine for double duty -- frogs and lighter swimbaits/Keitechs (which I also binged on like crazy over the holidays; this will be my first year throwing swimbaits).

Bassin_VA

Quote from: pjl63 on February 16, 2018, 10:34:31 AM
Yes same thing, except my 735 is a refurbished model with the normal guides. My 733 is a rep sample with micro guides.
How are the micro guides? I guess it is like most things, people love them and people hate them?

LgMouthGambler

Heading to Bass Pro in a bit with the family. Wife wouldnt let me take Cambridge alone...I wonder why that is?

<")))>{

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 16, 2018, 05:21:57 PM
Heading to Bass Pro in a bit with the family. Wife wouldnt let me take Cambridge alone...I wonder why that is?

<")))>{

cause no one wants to hear the whip crack when you get home?   ;D
BeerMe

cojab

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 16, 2018, 05:21:57 PM

<")))>{

lo lo  Spring classic is on.
TTK has spoken.

cojab

TTK has spoken.

pjl63

Quote from: Bassin_VA on February 16, 2018, 03:29:38 PM
How are the micro guides? I guess it is like most things, people love them and people hate them?

Haven't been able to use it on the water yet, but a few practice casts haven't gone straight. I'll just have to adjust I guess. I'm using it with straight mono to avoid any leader knots; those guides certainly are tiny.

LgMouthGambler

Fed the monkey. Played with the Carbonlite combo, but decided against it. The whole thing just didnt feel right. Luckily I did put an ole Ugly Stick rod in the car before going just in case. Grabbed a St Croix Mojo Bass in a 7ft MH F. After the trade in, it came to $105 plus tax. I think that was a pretty good deal on a really nice redesigned rod.

<")))>{

zippyduck

LMG,
That was a pretty good deal. Let me know how you like it. I wasn't real impressed when I picked one up off the rack.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

cojab

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 16, 2018, 09:02:27 PM
Fed the monkey. Played with the Carbonlite combo, but decided against it. The whole thing just didnt feel right. Luckily I did put an ole Ugly Stick rod in the car before going just in case. Grabbed a St Croix Mojo Bass in a 7ft MH F. After the trade in, it came to $105 plus tax. I think that was a pretty good deal on a really nice redesigned rod.

<")))>{

Ive got a fly reel I dont use anymore sitting in the truck for a trade in as soon as I get off duty.
TTK has spoken.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cojab on February 14, 2018, 09:36:08 AM
The squarebills or the chatterbaits. I would think the chatterbaits would be killer in your area with all the grasses.
Lol they are killer. Mudfish, gar, pickerel all love them!
Still haven't caught a darn bass on a chatterbait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing