Dangerous Cold

Started by D.W. Verts, January 12, 2024, 09:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

So how far south is this thing going to go? How bad is it going to be for the folks up north? I just pulled my trapline and the temps dropped 13 degrees in a little over an hour...

On the other hand, our waterways are mostly ice-free. I just turned on the light in our pump house for the first time all year. What a great fall and early winter we've had.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Smallie_Stalker

We've been lucky so far but something big is coming. Can just feel it.

Right now it's 47 degrees and sunny here. That's pretty damn good for the middle of January in New England.

If we get 3 or 4 in he's of snow and single digit temps they don't even close the schools up here. Other parts of the country shut everything down for less.

People up here who believe hamburger grows in the supermarket (okay, not really but you get my point) have little to no understanding that activities like hunting fishing and trapping out food on the table for some families and businesses.

I hope whatever comes that it doesn't affect your trapping and other outdoor ventures too much.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Hobious

stay warm folks.

I still haven't worn a jacket with sleeves yet.  (lightweight puffy vest - for the win).

I'll probably fish Clearlake and the Delta this long weekend if my electrical connectors ever show up in the mail. 

Donald Garner

We have a Wintery Front moving into Central Texas starting today.  Our forecasted temps for today are 23-63dgrs with the next 3 days looking like mid teens for lows / high 20's for the highs.  There's a chance of some light rain that will turn into snow flurries Sunday Night into Monday.

Other than this 3-4 day Wintery situation we'll (Central Texas) will have bright sunny days with some days being mid 30's / 60 dgrs days later on this week.

Gotta love these Texas Winters  ;)   I'm not complaining one bit after living in Alaska for 9 yrs. and dealing with those Winters up there  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bigbass201

We have been looking at negative temperatures here in Northwest Ohio.  Wind chills -20 to -25 degrees.  Bit chilly.
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

Mike Cork

A little extra chilly here in Louisiana, got about an inch of freezing rain/sleet on the ground. Got cold enough before hand that it all stuck to the roads so it's extremely dangerous on the roads since Louisiana has like three people that have ever driven in these conditions and zero equipment or deicing agents to use.

Low's in the teens highs in the 20's for today and tomorrow...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

We got snow flurries blowing across Central Texas this morning.  It's 20dgrs right now with a a N wind @ 9mphs.  Tomorrows forecast is looking like 18/31dgrs, Wed 36/46dgrs, Thurs 34/60dgrs.   Its going to be getting warmer as the week goes on.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

D.W. Verts

We've shut down our restaurant for another couple of days. It's 11 degrees outside right now, and getting colder. Still not bad as long as you're doing something. And supposed to get better after tomorrow.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Donald Garner

Hope the cold weather hasn't done any damage to your place.  We're starting to warm back up now but it sure is windy here in Central Texas.  We have high wind warnings out now. 

Our daily forecast for today is 22-41dgrs with 33%humidity with a SE wind @ 17mphs.