Water Clarity: Clear
Water Temps: 66-67 degrees
Water level: High
Bass boated: 17
Biggest Bass: 3lbs
Top 5: 10lbs or so
Top baits: Spinner and swimbait
Fishing time: 10:30-230pm

Rare opportunity presented itself today with my schedule, so I went fishing! Loaded up the big boat, and off I went. The wind was crazy and my options were limited. The location I chose, although it was shallow, both the wind and current were moving in the same direction!!

I started with a spinnerbait, and in a very short time, I stuck my first bass. Little guy, but hey it counted. Little while later, a spunky 2.5lbr slammed my spinnerbait and took me for a ride. Fortunately I landed him too.

Over the course of 4 hrs I managed to put together a pattern in the current with both a spinner bait and swimbait and boated 17 bass. The fishing was fun, but the conditions made it quite challenging.

All in all, it was productive impromptu trip! Thank you for reading!

big g

Good for you with the wind.  If it wasn't for you, there would be few to zippo Florida reports.  Great job Lou! ~c~  ~c~  ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on January 23, 2024, 06:31:46 PMGood for you with the wind.  If it wasn't for you, there would be few to zippo Florida reports.  Great job Lou! ~c~  ~c~  ~c~
Thanks, George.

Donald Garner

Lou, congrats on putting together another successful outing  ~c~   Tks for sharing the trip and pictures with us.  Windy Bassin...Spinnerbaits and Rattle Baits are my favorite with the wind is blowing  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard