2019 FLBR Classic Non Official thread

Started by FD, May 05, 2019, 02:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big g

Quote from: RangerAndBass on May 16, 2019, 07:54:43 PM
Hi Guys. Well I haven't seen snow since I came home & have even fished a Northern Pike tourney, finishing 4th of 58 for a nice little payday. I would really try to come to this if you did end up doing it the 1st week in November.
Hope all are doing well.
R&B

R/B glad your getting some time to fish.  Hot and rainy here for the last few weeks.  Enjoy the cooler weather and soon you'll be back fishing our playgrounds.  Take care buddy!

(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

RangerAndBass

Quote from: big g on May 16, 2019, 09:28:06 PM

Thanks G. So does some one want to ride with me up there?  S ave you some gas.
Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!

FD

Just bringing this back to the top of everyone's mind.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacia est
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Deadeye

Thinking about it myself a couple of days ago. I haven't heard from Russ (gotsnodooks) since he announced he was moving to NSB.

He hasn't been in any of the FBRC Monthly contests, which is the precursor to the Classic.

So unless I hear from him I will be having an open Sleeping Spot and Back Seat.

FD

Update 2

Ok gang I have been negotiating with several properties here in the port and have come up with additional lodging at very reasonable pricing.

We will all be looking at around $65 per person, per night, all taxes, cleaning fees included, for very nice places.  If we get more people that can go down some.   Again, I have already rented and paid so you are going to pay me on Sunday.

All will have dock space with power and most will be covered.  Whether or not they are all covered and on lifts will depend on the number of non boaters we get.

Current participants list

FD
Lou 
Rick

Barry
Walt

Fred
R&B

We will be in the Lakehouse, a VRBO house I rented, and My house.

Lou and Rick will be staying with me in my guest suite.

Barry and Walt are in the VRBO house on Turtle Lane.  It has a extra bedroom but not docking so we will put a Non boater in with them.

Fred and R&B will be in the 2 bedroom Lake House at LHRV which comes with plenty of dock space but only 1 guaranteed to be covered.

I'm holding the bunkhouse in reserve for non boaters and late comers until 1 month before the classic.  If we don't have a confirmed need for it I will release it and get my deposit back.

Remember that I'm on the hook for these places so if your plans change please let me know asap.

RangerAndBass

Looks great. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Appreciate the update Lee.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Deadeye

Wow. That is great news.

I just came on to confirm the RnB was going to stay with me and split the cost of the RV. This deal is much better.

Thanks a BUNCH Lee for all the effort you've put into getting this set up.

SFL BassHunter

Thanks for the update Lee! Can't wait to see you all again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

BarryFL

Just to update .... I have a backseat open and Walt also has an open backseat. Open bedroom in our house Lee found, too.

~Barry~

~Barry~

RangerAndBass

I have an open backseat also, as well as room in my truck for a passenger (or two)

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Deadeye

Mine backseat is open too since I haven't heard from Gots in quite some time.

Capt. BassinLou

A lot of backseats open folks. Don't miss out on the Classic. It's a fun event with a bunch of great guys.

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 09, 2019, 08:36:48 PM
A lot of backseats open folks. Don't miss out on the Classic. It's a fun event with a bunch of great guys.

Since there are so many open, I may ask my SIL if he would like to go along again.

FD

Josh is going to come hang out with us also.

Capt. BassinLou

I need help from the group on this one, if some one from FLBR wanted to participate in the Classic as a backseater for example, what would be the out pocket cost and most economical way to make it happen?

BarryFL

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 11, 2019, 08:05:54 AM
I need help from the group on this one, if some one from FLBR wanted to participate in the Classic as a backseater for example, what would be the out pocket cost and most economical way to make it happen?

I can only speak for me but assuming our lodging is per night, not per occupant, I'm good with someone taking the 3rd bedroom at no cost other than covering their own consumables. If it's per occupant, then they'll need to cover any upcharge over the current rate for Walt and I. Lee?

I'll probably prepare dinner for everyone on Friday night like in the past but haven't decided on exactly what. Requests?

If a single wants to backseat with me, no cost there either, but they'll have to fish wherever I end up. :)
~Barry~

Capt. BassinLou

Appreciate the info and cooking us dinner Barry. I think you made us chili last classic. Good stuff!!

WTodd

Quote from: BarryFL on August 11, 2019, 09:25:03 AM
I'll probably prepare dinner for everyone on Friday night like in the past but haven't decided on exactly what. Requests?

I'm good with steak and lobster

Capt. BassinLou

I asked the estimated cost question for those members who would like to participate but may be hesitant to commit due to funds. I thought if an estimated cost was provided, this info can help potential Classic participants the ability to plan and budget accordingly.

Capt. BassinLou

I'm good with steak, allergic to shell fish, so I'm out for any surf and turf.

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 11, 2019, 08:05:54 AM

Good Question Lou

At our Meet n Greet I already had paid fir the hotel so I didn't ask the SIL for anything.

If we are splitting the cost per person then I'd say that Lee should have a complete Total at some set date to determine what the Final Cost per person will be.

What that date is, is up to you guys.

FD

I'm planning on steaks at my house for Saturday night along with the open bar.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FD on August 11, 2019, 05:12:39 PM

... thank you FD!!

WTodd

Quote from: FD on August 11, 2019, 05:12:39 PM

IN!!!!!