Made my first batch of stick baits

Started by SFL BassHunter, May 17, 2016, 08:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

First batch of stick baits!

I swear I'm not a crazy person!!!!

Sent from my iPhone powered by Dark Side of The Force
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

The stickbaits look good... you not so much... lol!!

MCS

Cool, they look right. How's the composition? Yamamoto soft?
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: MCS on May 17, 2016, 08:48:34 PM
Cool, they look right. How's the composition? Yamamoto soft?

Yeah they seem fairly soft. I used hardner but I think these require the harder plastisol. I am using the medium. Whatever the difference is lol.

I would say they are going to be close to the yamamato ones in softness, but I know my swimbaits hold up very well with this plastisol so I suspect these will hold up good too.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

MCS

Quote from: rickdelprado on May 17, 2016, 08:54:43 PM
Yeah they seem fairly soft. I used hardner but I think these require the harder plastisol. I am using the medium. Whatever the difference is lol.

I would say they are going to be close to the yamamato ones in softness, but I know my swimbaits hold up very well with this plastisol so I suspect these will hold up good too.

Yeah those swim baits last! But they still move well....these should be really good for you.
Romans 1:16    2 Corinthians 5:17     3 John 1:4
"I'm sorry. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to the liberals who complain about everything." Mike Ditka
"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living." John Wayne

SFL BassHunter

The stick baits wiggle real good lol

Florida Bass Fishing

Lee Smith

Rick, those look GREAT in my opinion!  ~c~  ~c~

Watch out, Mat may be trying to steal them from you  ~roflmao
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

flowerjohn

Those look real nice there Rick. !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

bigjim5589

Rick, they look great!  ~c~

Looks like watermelon with red flake? Good color!  ~c~
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

SFL BassHunter

Lee the good thing is Matt hates stick baits so much he would never steal them, unless he just simply wants to toss them in the garbage lol.

Thanks guys!

Jim yeah Watermelon Red Flake is correct. My go to color!

Florida Bass Fishing

Bigwrench

Quote from: rickdelprado on May 18, 2016, 12:44:35 PM
Lee the good thing is Matt hates stick baits so much he would never steal them, unless he just simply wants to toss them in the garbage lol.

Thanks guys!

Looks amazing ! Have you had a chance to test sink rate ?
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Lee Smith

Quote from: rickdelprado on May 18, 2016, 12:44:35 PM

Thanks guys!

He's got yall fooled  ~roflmao
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

SFL BassHunter

Not yet BigWrench. I wish I had a pool lol.

So I will need to wait till tomorrow probably to test them at the lake.

I need to get me a pack of them GY Senkos to compare as well. I haven't bought a pack of those in a bit over a year since they are so expensive.

Lee he probably uses them all the time but pretends like he hates them. I suspect that as well.
Florida Bass Fishing

Bigwrench

Quote from: rickdelprado on May 18, 2016, 12:53:23 PM
Lee he probably uses them all the time but pretends like he hates them. I suspect that as well.
LOL a Closet Senko User !
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

Lipripper

Looks good Rick and I love them GY Senkos  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

f150smith

Pferox

Great Baits Rick, might want to look into a little more robust respirator, 3M makes one that works great and is actually pretty comfortable to wear, they cost about 20 bucks and you can get replaceable filters.  That last a long time, I have been using one for a while and glad I invested in one.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

SFL BassHunter

So I tested my stick baits and they seem to fall at a slightly faster rate than the GY ones but that's not a big deal. Just need to adjust the amount of salt I used.
I haven't used them enough to catch a fish on em yet. Just tested how they look in the water.

Pferox thanks for the info. You happen to know what model number that respirator is? The one I'm using is a 3 pack. I've used them a few times already.  They kind of annoy my on the nose. Even though it's adjustable. I always seem to feel like my nose is pinched closed.

Florida Bass Fishing

Dark3

They look good!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Pferox

As a Matter of fact ........

https://www.amazon.com/3M-07193-Paint-Spray-Resp/dp/B00079FOK0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1466600284&sr=8-5&keywords=3M+respirators

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Facepiece-Respirator-6291-Particulate/dp/B000FTEDMM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1466600284&sr=8-4&keywords=3M+respirators

https://www.amazon.com/3M-R-2091-Particulate-Filter-P100/dp/B0009XYN7O/ref=pd_sim_469_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51ajeGwzGSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR147%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=24JS4KAV07Q8353X3MA8

I'm using Amazon to list what is available, not telling you to order there.

There are a couple of different filters that are available, I would think with plastisol you would want the painter's filters (P100 I think it is) with the charcoal in em.  That is what I have now.  Be Careful when ordering because they have a Chinese knock off that is almost exactly the same as the 3M one, and does work, but they are throw away, not reusable.

There is a new one out that looks like Shredder's mask from Ninja Turtles.  I haven't tried it yet, and probably won't for a while, it is supposed to be more comfortable but pricey.

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

hughesjasonk

Looks awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DocIrv

Welcome to the hobby.... you are in for a great feeling when you catch your first bass on your own home made bait... ~gf
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: DocIrv on June 22, 2016, 07:25:28 PM
Welcome to the hobby.... you are in for a great feeling when you catch your first bass on your own home made bait... ~gf

Hey Doc thanks! I actually have already been pouring my own swimbaits and have caught a good amount of bass on em. In fact I won't even need to buy another swimbait again because I absolutely love the ones I pour. Excellent action and durability!

As far as the stick baits go, still haven't put em to the test real good. Maybe tomorrow!

Pferox thanks for the links bud! yeah those look a lot better than the mask I have and they are real cheap too! I appreciate it!
Florida Bass Fishing

ccr425

SFL BassHunter

Thanks ccr

Florida Bass Fishing