91 Stratos 201 Pro Rebuild

Started by FD, March 29, 2022, 05:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FD

Yep, since I didn't have enough to keep me busy, I'm doing another build project.

I bought this boat in 2007 with a Johnson 200 GT, 6 carb fuel hog on it.  A year later I upgraded to a 2001 - 225 Evinrude ficht..  Never had a problem with it.  I added Sea Star steering and the normal upgrades and then fished it until I wound up with the Triton in 2012.  Since then it was a loaner for a few years and for the last 5 years it was in the possession on my Nephew.  He was going to rebuild it but instead bought a newer flats boat.

Last week Dave went and checked wheel bearing and seals and pulled the tires and dropped them off at my local tire shop.  Today it came home to start the transformation as the AE 2.

Gatorbait will start the cleanup tomorrow as it is likely to be his in the future.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

I can't wait to see how this re-build is going to turn out. Sure needs a lot of work.  ~sweat ~sweat

big g

Amazing, now work your magic!   :-*
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Princeton_Man

The 201 is an awesome hull. I'm looking forward to this myself.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Wow, another rebuild project.  I can't wait to read this one.  Tks for sharing the beginning pictures with us. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

D.W. Verts

Never had a problem with the FICHT. Well, that makes four of them...

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Oldfart9999

Looks like it'll take a little bit more than some soap and water. lo Should be purdy when it's done. How's the transom?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

FD

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 31, 2022, 06:03:44 AM
Looks like it'll take a little bit more than some soap and water. lo Should be purdy when it's done. How's the transom?
Rodney

The hull is solid.  Did a rubber mallet test on it and no delam anywhere.  The transom is solid is well.  The only small issue is the bolts are starting to dimple a little.  I'm going to put a Bob's Jack plate on it and we will put longer bolts and an aluminum plate on the inside when we hang it.
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

FlatsNBay

Like FD has time for more projects??  lo Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Smallie_Stalker

I enjoy these restore threads so I'll follow along. Lot's of work to be done but I like these types a lot because it's pretty cool to look at the beginning pictures and then see how the ride has transformed by the end.  :toot:

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire